Part 7: because of him

I have been spending every single day all week with Alex. The more I spent time with him, the happier I was that I'm his girlfriend now. I haven't seen Brad for about two weeks now. I miss him. But I'm scared to go see him because that means that I would have to tell him about Alex and me. Don't get me wrong. I want to tell him all that happened, but I'm scared. Yet I decide to go to Brad's house on a Saturday evening. Of course, I text him before to ask him if he was home.

I rang the doorbell, and soon Brad was standing in front of me in the doorway.

"Hey," I smile.

"Hey, come in."

When I come into the house, I hug Brad tightly and whisper,

"I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," Brad pulls away and smiles. We went up to his room, and we talked all evening. We talked about the trip.

"Sooo...What do you think about Alex after you've met him and spent a week with him?" I say, biting my lip.

"I don't know. Alex is better than any of your past boyfriends, at least. But I still don't trust him, and I'm suspicious about him. He seems too nice. So, in conclusion, I don't like him."

Well, that's bad. But I have to tell Brad. He's my best friend, and it's my relationship, after all.

"Brad, I have to tell you something," I sit up.

"What is it?" He frowned.

"I don't know how to tell you this, but please don't get mad."

"Why would I get mad? What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything exactly, but..." I sighed, feeling so nervous. "I might've said yes when Alex asked me to be his girlfriend," I said slowly. Brad didn't say anything for a moment. The silence was killing me. I was praying that he would say something. Another minute. Nothing. I didn't want to say anything also. Brad finally said,

"Okay."

I was shocked. Just an 'Okay'? Are you serious? All this silence for just an 'Okay'? You've got to be kidding me. I expected him to scream, get mad at me, but he didn't.

"What does that mean?" I say.

"What do you mean? What did you expect me to say?"

"I don't know. Anything else but not an 'Okay'?" I say as I throw my hands in the air.

"Oh, did you expect me to be like 'Wow, congratulations'?" he said with a girly voice. "Sorry, but I don't care," he said with a straight face.

"What is up with you? What did he do to you?" I raised my voice.

"Everything is perfect. Isn't it obvious that I just hate Alex?" Brad also raised his voice.

"Well, there has to be a reason for you to hate him!" I raise my voice more.

"There's nothing. Alex didn't do anything. Yet I'm starting to think that he will ruin our friendship because can't you see that that asshole is the reason that we started getting into more and more fights,"

"Bullshit. You're the only one who has a problem with Alex! Nobody else said anything about him!"

"Yeah, because they don't care!"

"Well, it looks like you care. Because everything has to go the way that you want it to be. And I guess you don't care about what I want!" I stand up and storm out from his room. Great, just great. Another fight with Brad just because of his needs.

Brad's P.O.V.

Y/N storms out of my room. I don't bother to shout anything. This was so unexpected. Y/N said that out of nowhere. Of course, she had to say something about Alex during our conversation. But I didn't expect to be that. I can't believe it that she got together with that dude.

I hear the front door slam loudly. I see from my window that Y/N got into her house. With a huge force, I throw things off the table onto the ground. I don't realize that I punched a wall. I started to feel pain in my knuckles. I fall on the floor and stare up to the ceiling, realizing what just happened.

Your P.O.V.

When I got back home, I ran up to my room and locked my door. I felt so disappointed. I did what I always do when I'm in my bad mood. Listen to music. That's the only thing that calms me down. The next thing I know, I feel something wet roll down my cheek. I realize that it's a tear. This was, I think, the biggest fight that I had with Brad. And I'm scared that it will take a long time to make up with Brad. I try to take my mind off what happened. I FaceTime Alex.

"Hello?" Alex answers.

"Hey," I smile slightly.

"Why did you call me all of a sudden?" He laughs.

"I don't know."

"Is everything okay, babe?" He frowns.

"Yeah...Yeah. Everything is okay." I smile.

"Do you want me to come over? Of course, if you don't mind," He laughs.

"Um...You haven't been to my house. So, sure. My mom is not home also. She is on holiday for two weeks."

"Okay. I will be there in 10 minutes." He smiles and hangs up the call.

I wait for Alex. When he comes, I head down to open the door. He pulls me into a hug. Then he cups my face and kisses me. When he pulls away, he says,

"Hey, baby."

"Hey, Alex." He pecks my lips. "Let's go inside?"

"Yeah," I say, and Alex heads inside. I let him go in first. I look up to Brad's room window. I freeze in my state. He is standing in the window, and I looked into his eyes. He saw all that happened. I can't believe that this can get even worse.

"Are you coming?" Alex turns to me.

"Of course," I look away from Brad's window to look at Alex and smile. When I'm just about to go into the house, I look at Brad's window again for a brief second. But he's not there anymore. When I get back to the house, Alex and I go to my room.

We have surpassed 100 reads! I know it's not a lot but it's very meaningful for me!! I appreciate it a lot!!! Thank you, everyone, for reading my story!!