At Home Being Weird

"Im home!" i announce sing-songy. "Welcome back! How was the first day~" a women's voice sings from a room next to me. I put my backpack down and take out my sketchbook. "It was... actually not terrible." I answer walking into the room the voice originated. There in the arts and crafts room (art room) stood my mother painting away. "Really. Thats great!" She smiles then looks at me. Her face instantly pouts. I roll my eyes, "what is it?" I ask. "First, take off the mask, second could you grab the," she adds in the most dramatic way possible." Rosemary red!" I ignore her first command and walk over to our paint filled draws take out two reds and in about the same energy has her last comment say." Rosemary red? What about radiant red!?" I say rolling every r i could. She chuckles and goes back into normal speaking, "no just rosemary thanks" i throw the bottle over to her. 

      I place my sketchbook down on a table and walk out of the room. "Are you going to join me?" She asks. "I will Im just hungry" i add.  I walk into the kitchen and open a cabinet filled with snacks, what to eat? I take out a box of crackers and open it. I grab a package of crackers and set it on the table.  Then i head into the bathroom and look at myself. I hate taking my mask off. I dont like seeing what's underneath. I take a deep breath and slowly take it off, once I'm done i quietly stare at myself. The burns, cuts, and scrapes under the mask look like hell. They make me feel more insecure than i already am Which is an accomplishment.  "What classes are you taking other than art?" The voice of my mother awoke me from my devastation and i snapped back into reality, "um, I'm in writing and forensic science, and algebra." I answer. I walk back over to my crackers and open the package, "cool cool" she add in the other room. I eat my crackers, then i remembered the other class, "oh, there's also this one class, its a schools wide class—" "Let me guess." She adds. "Is this that vampire awareness thing they started?" "Yup" i add. "The teacher is very... flamboyant." And word popped into my head that described him well, "he's a bit of a flibbertigibit." I add.(ill explain) 

       I finish my crackers and walk back into the art room. I sit at the table i placed my sketch book on and turned to the drawing i was working on. "Ah, that kind of person" my mother adds. We work i  silence for a little while, my mother painting a beautiful landscape while i draw a girl sitting on a roof because why not? One thing about my art is that i never draw eyes. I can draw them, i just dont. "Did you make any friends yet?" I look up for a moment to think, would i call them friends? Im not sure. "I don't know." I answer, "i hung out with a group during lunch and the vampire class thing, there an interesting bunch, but I'm not sure is Im Perceptible as a friend yet." She nods as i look over my shoulder. She takes a step back from her painting and thinks, "do you think it's done? I think there's something missing but i cant place it?" I look close at the painting. It was a nice fall setting. The sun was rising and the water from a lake was shimmering in it's rays while the leaves on the trees' color popped. All the reds,oranges, and yellows, some greens shined. I look at the painting a little more and get a idea, "morning birds?" I suggest. She looks at me with serious eye and points at me, "you," she starts. "Are a genius!" She smiles. She skips over to her painting and adds the good old fashioned V birds and i made the painting better, which is an accomplishment. "Thanks virgil." I smirk genuinely. "You're welcome ms. Hansen." I say in a slightly sarcastic tone. 

    I get up from my seat and walk out of the room. "Where are you going?" She yells a little while I'm half way upstairs."to my room so i can do my homework." "What kind of homework, school work or staring at shirtless boys to practice your anatomy." I hear a chuckle from the room. I roll my eyes and blush spreads a little on my face, "school work. Now goodbye.!"  I walk up the stairs a little more but it wasn't fast enough. From downstairs all i could hear was, "so you say what you need to say, so that you get to walk away~" my mother sings from a distance, i roll my eyes again. And walk into my room.

Let hope that during all this quarantine time i update more. Also if y'all are confused as to the word i used, flibbertigibit, it is a word that was used more in the early 1800s and is my all-time favorite word. It means "a frivolous, flighty, or talkative person." I hope you liked this chapter And if y'all would like i will try to draw as many of the drawing said in this story as possible. and yes vigils mothers name is Heidi Hansen. Thats all for now.