Chapter 31:Love Or Lust

I was sitting on the floor, blood all over my clothes and shoes. Lashawn had gotten her about 2 minutes ago. He hovered over their bodies, looking down on them. I can't believe I just killed two people. He walked over to me, bending down in front of me. "J, look at me" He said. I couldn't. The only thing I could look at was Shelia and Kayden, laying there. Lashawn held my face in his hands, making me look at him. "Look at me baby" he said. I looked at him, my eyes droopy. "This is not your fault, they were both trying to kill you and you had won over the gun and shot them both. You killed them in self defense" he said, wiping my hair out of my face. Even though I knew and he knew that didn't happen, I was too spaced out to argue. "Where's the gun" he said. I pointed to the table, the gun was sitting under it. He went to the table, taking off his shirt and wrapping it around his hand. He bent over and picked up the gun, his muscles flexing in the progress. He had an array of tattoos all over his body, I kinda liked them. He went over to Kayden, rubbing the gun against his fingers. He did the same to Shelia. I guess to make it look like they had touched the gun too. "Are there any cameras in here" he said putting the gun on the table and putting the shirt back on. "No, this place is so run down that they couldn't afford cameras"I said dryly. He nodded. He came back over to me, bending down in front of me. "I'm about to call the police okay" he said. "Before you do, take my tapes" I said. He had a confused look, "Whatchu want baby" he said. I was ignoring the fact that was used the word "baby" way to much for my liking. "The tapes, get them out of here. When the police get here, they're gonna take them. I need the tapes" I said. He grabbed the boxes and hurried outside, putting the boxes in his car. He came back. He picked the phone and from there, everything became a blur. The police and coroner were in the studio, taking pictures of Kayden and Shelia. Lashawn was talking to the police while I stayed in that spot, still looking at them. One of the officers walked over to me, kneeling down in front of me. "Miss Stevens, I know this is a rough time and we won't question you now but we will need you to come into the office to write a statement. We gave our card to your friend for whenever you're ready to talk"she said. I didn't say anything. She gave me a sad smile and walked away. Lashawn walked over to me, holding out his hand. I took it and pulled myself up. He wrapped his arm around me as we walked out of the studio. We got outside, seeing all the police cars and ambulances. He walked me to his car and opened the passenger side door, helping me in. He got in the car and turned it on, pulling out of the parking lot and driving off. "Where are you taking me"I mumbled. "Back to my place, you gotta get cleaned up"he said, glancing over at me. About 20 minutes later, we pulled up to a fairly big house. I wasn't gonna question who it was for. He parked in front of house, getting out of the car and went to my side, helping me out. I wrapped my arms around myself as he unlocked the door and let me walk in. The inside of the house big and nicely decorated, there was no way this house was for him. We got to the living room. I stood there, my arms wrapped around myself. "Um, give me your clothes" he said taking off his shirt and pants, leaving nothing but his undergarments. I obviously had a surprised look on my face. "Your clothes are covered in blood and I'm pretty sure you don't wanna go home with these clothes on" he said. I was a little reluctant. "Hey, I'll clean your clothes. You can take a shower and when you're done I can take you back to the studio to get your car" he said. "Turn away" I mumbled. He slowly turned away as I slid off my clothes. I stripped down to my black bra and underwear. I handed them the clothes as he attempted not look at my half naked body. "I'll go put these in the wash" he said walking away. I wrapped my arms around myself, sitting down on the couch. I few minutes later, he came back in sweatpants and a t-shirt, holding a first aid kit. He sat next to me, inspecting the cut under my eye and the few bruises I had on my face. He opened the kit and began to clean under my eyes and tend to my bruises. He was putting the kit when we looked at my stomach. I looked down with him, seeing the blue and black spot on my hip. He ran his fingers across it. "Does it hurt" he whispered. "No, it doesn't" I said, putting my hand on his. His hand was warm, warming the coolness of the shock in my body. It was comforting. "I'm really sorry about what happened today"he said. "Don't be, I should be sorry. I shouldn't let you lie to the police like that. I shouldn't have called you" I said. "Hey"he said cupping my cheek. "Don't ever say that you're sorry for that. I had a choice and I choose to help you out" he said. I smiled lightly, he chuckled. He hand stayed there on my cheek. His hand stayed there, on my hips. I found myself nestling my face against his hand, the hand on my hips intertwining with his. My eyes found his lips, they were soft and small. His eyes met mine, starring deep into them. "Can I kiss you" he said. I didn't have the time respond before he leaned in and kissed me. He gently placed his lips on mine,kissing me. His touch made me melt immediately. He pulled away, reading my expression. I leaned in again and kissed him, this time harder. He pushed me back on the couch, hovering over my body as he kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He moved away from my lips and went to my neck. I moaned lightly as he sucked and kissed on my neck. Devante popped up in my head. It would crush him if he found out what I'm doing right now. "Lashawn, I don't think we should be doing this" I moaned as my hands traveled up and down his back. He came back to my lips. "You want me to stop" he said kissing me. ugh, he knew what he was doing. "No...I...I don't" I said in between pecks. He chuckled as he kissed me again. He then picked me up off of the couch, making me gasp. He carried me up the stairs and to his bedroom. Once we got to his bedroom, laid me down gently on the bed as he started to take off his clothes. Dangit Jamila.