Chapter 4

Grandma ( Lisa Jones)

When the kids left I went back in the house and cleaned up. Then I went and checked the mail. After that I got dressed for my doctors appointment.

Im a retired principle. So I get a check that's just enough to get by. But its getting tough with my grandkids here. I try so hard to be strong for them, but it's hard.

"Lisa Jones"

I got up and nervously made my way to the back of the office.

"Hi good to see you" A nurse said letting me in the room. " So you've been out off breath lately".

"Yes, um...going on 2 week".

"Well we gone run some test and see what's going on, ok,is that fine"

"Yes ma'am do what you got to do"

After they ran the test they told me I could leave and that they would call me and tell me the results. So I went home.

When I got home my daughter was laying on the couch smoking.

"Why you smoking in here"

"What you mean" she said sitting up

"You know you can't smoke in here.. so why are you smoking"

"My bad..I forgot" she said laughing " So what the doctor say"

"They gone call me and tell me my results" " Well I'll be back... I got to pick up a few things"

KK

Why she gone come home then leave. She could've did all that while she was out.

"Ring Ring"

"I guess I'll get it". "Hello"

"Hi this is Nurse Jackson, can I speak to Ms. Lisa Jones"

"Um she not here, but this her daughter can I take a message"

"Yeah her results are in". "Do you want me to read them"?

"Yeah go ahead"

"She just has congestion around her lungs and there's not enough oxygen going to her heart. So what were going to do is give her a prescription to help that and were going to give her an at home and portable oxygen tank, ok"

"Yeah I'll let her know thank you"