Chapter 15

The couple of days were full of Issac and myself sparring each other. If anyone was keeping count, which I was, it was 16-5. And I am very proud to announce that I was the one winning most of the fights.

But Issac was doing good too. In fact, we both should be doing good because that is all that we have been doing all day long the last couple of days. Small meals, then right back to training until practically midnight. Dick and Bruce wanted to make sure that we were ready to face Bane and Scarecrow and Cheetah quickly, so I understand why this is the case.

Doesn't mean it sucks even less though.

Fighting wasn't the only thing that we were learning about in those two days, or at least hand-to-hand combat. We also were getting little tips about using weapons in combat. Issac took interest in Dick's escrima sticks, and decided to try to construct some of his own. It helped him notch a few wins against me in practice.

But I still was kicking his ass.

I also was making a weapon of my choice. Electric-powered fighting batons. with the help of Bruce, I was able to get it constructed in no time at all.

Today was no different from the last couple of days. Issac and I were sparring hand-to-hand, trading, punches, kicks, as well as a lot of unique attacks towards each other. As we did however, we saw Bruce and Dick enter the area, dressed in their Batman and Nightwing outfits.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked the two as they headed towards the giant screen on the cave.

"To the screen." Nightwing answered. Issac and I looked at each other and instantly made a decision. Practice was going to be cut short today. We strode over towards the room that they both went into.

"Wow!" Issac and I said simultaneously.

The screen that Dick was referring to was a equivalent to the size of a theater screen. And then there were a boat load of controls at the bottom of the screen, right where a chair was located. And that chair had bat ears sticking up from behind it, so I knew that Batman was currently sitting there. Over on the far side of the giant space was a circular area that the Bat mobile was parked in.

"Impressive isn't it?" Nightwing said with a smirk beside Batman.

"Go back to practice." Batman said, without even turning around to look.

He then pulled up a picture of what seemed to be an abandoned warehouse near the lake. This did nothing but increase my interest. "What are you guys doing? And what is that place?" I asked.

"This is one of Bane's old hideouts." Nightwing replied. The light bulb suddenly clicked on in my head.

"You're trying to find insight on where they are now." I said.

"Yes." Nightwing said. Batman cast a look in his direction and Nightwing's calm smirk suddenly disappeared. "You two should leave before Bruce gets upset. Continue practicing."

"We've been practicing all day already." Issac said.

"Against each other." Batman replied, turning around to face the two of us. "Try facing someone more skilled and experienced in combat."

"We've been facing you guys too." I said.

"Then ask Ivy." Batman said with a straight face. I blinked at the response that I heard in shock.

"Ask his own girlfriend to fight with him?" Issac asked, raising a brow.

"Yes. Dick and I will be heading to the warehouse to see where they might be hiding. In the meantime, you guys focus on preparing yourselves." Batman said, getting up out of the chair and heading towards the nearby Bat mobile with Nightwing behind him. Although he stopped in his tracks and looked back at us. "By the way, you two need to make yourselves utility belts for when you go out into the field. Alfred will show you where all the weapons and items are."