Chapter 7 Music of the Night

Sennett's POV 

I don't remember anything after riding on a beautiful dark horse. All that I could recall was meeting that masked boy for the first time, him leading me to this wonderland down below, I could've sworn that objects were moving by themselves and I was riding on a horse at one point. But that was all I could remember. My eyes fluttered open, scanning around the room, but nothing familiar captured my attention. I sat up slowly and looked down at my body, covered with his cloak, I looked around and noticed that I was laying down on top of a gondola and I used his cape as my blanket. "O.G?" 

"O.G?" A familiar voice asked, I looked up and saw the masked man once again. "I see that you are finally awake." 

"You are?" I asked slowly, hoping that he is the exact boy from my childhood. "The phantom of the opera?"

He chuckled, "Why yes mademoiselle, I am also known as O.G. from that letter I gave you-" Before he could finish his sentence I jumped out of the gondola as I embraced him tightly. 

"It is you!" I beamed happily, sinking my face into his chest and inhaling the scent of candles from the fabric of his dress jacket. "I am so glad to see you again." 

He shook slightly but managed to whisper amusingly, "Mademoiselle Emerson! I am genuinely glad to see you again too, but could you please let me go before I drop your tea?" I let go of him quickly and noticed that his long, slim fingers were barely holding on to the teacup handle. I blushed and took the teacup before he could accidentally drop it. 

"I'm so sorry Monsieur-" I looked at him, and asked curiously, "we never had a chance to introduce Monsieur, would you mind telling me your name?" 

He seemed hesitant about answering my question but gave in to tell me his name. "My name-my name is Erik Mademoiselle Emerson." 

"Erik, well Erik, my name is Sennett," I said politely all while sipping my tea. 

"Sennett. . ." He murmured curiously, tasting my name for the first time, honestly, his voice is beautiful and just the way he said my name made my heart skip a beat. "For seventeen years, I've never said your first name aloud." 

I frowned, wondering how he knew my name in the first place. But, at the same time he's the phantom of the opera, he probably knew everyone. "For years, I've never known your actual name beside the phantom of the opera. You've also changed quite a lot, Monsieur you are more of a man than a boy." 

He smiled softly, "I thought about you the same way you are more of a woman than a small girl." 

We looked at each for what it seems like an eternity, and I honestly couldn't ask for anything more. It was just perfect, finally seeing him for the first time here in this- wait how did I get here? I looked around, realizing I'm in an unknown location. I glared at him and started to take notice of the tall frame. He's grown a lot taller and is well-built, it's most likely that he kidnapped me! "How did I get here?" 

He raised one of his eyebrows, "Pardon?" 

"Why did you send me here?" I demanded, his eyes widened at the tone of my voice but quickly looked down as if he committed something shameful. 

"I...I-"

"I can't remember a single thing about coming here, oh god you lured me into your house!" I started to panic as I shifted back and forth. He has changed, but I didn't expect him to change this much, now he is a kidnapper! Even worse is that he must've lured girls into his home before if he could get me to not look back on anything about travelling to his lair. 

"I can explain," He stuttered, 

"There's nothing to explain! How am I going to get out of here?" I started to run towards the boat and attempted to row stupidly to escape from him. However, he grabbed my arm and yanked me towards him. I ended up close to his face looking at his golden eyes sparked like active flames.