Chapter Two: Not so bad.

I quietly followed Sweet Pea to the student lounge when class was done. His gaze never stopped scanning the body of students around him, something I would later learn that all of the Serpents did. 

"Why did you come to Riverdale?"

Pausing for a moment I debated how I should answer, "My mom wanted a fresh start, we have a past she wanted to get away from. No more hurting as she put it."

His eyes turned to me as he opened the door, and for a moment I was lost, "Then she came to the wrong town." 

There were a few faces I recognized as I entered. Veronica was there, as were Fangs and Toni, the latter of whom gave me a smile and patted the seat next to her. 

"So Liz, I see you made some friends. This is Archie," Veronica gestured at the red headed boy next to her, "and this is Betty." A kind looking blonde girl nodded at me. 

"And that one," Toni pointed at a dark haired boy with an odd beanie, "Is Jughead." 

"It's nice to meet you all." I gave a small smile. 

Chatter soon resumed in the room and I took the chance to observe people a bit more closely. Veronica and Archie were definitely dating, as were Jughead and Betty. Toni and Sweet Pea… I chewed on my lip slightly. They were certainly close, nudging and jokingly getting in each other's faces. It took me a moment to realize that I had been caught staring.

Toni cocked an eyebrow at me, "You look confused." 

I fumbled with my words for a moment before taking a breath and starting again, not noticing the slight smiles that appeared on the two Serpents faces. "I was just, um, trying to figure out if you two are.." 

"Stop. Don't even say it." Toni made a jokingly grossed out face, "He is most certainly not my type." 

Sweet Pea puffed out his chest, "She couldn't handle all these muscles."

I tried, and failed, to hold in my laugh. Feeling a tension I hadn't even noticed disappeared from my chest.

"Hey Liz, if you're not busy you could come join us at the Whyte Wyrm after school." Toni's smile was hopeful.

I chanced a glance at Sweet Pea to see him watching me with a blank expression.

"I would love to, Toni." I grinned and messaged my mom letting her know that I'd be out after school.

The rest of the school day passed uneventfully. I learned I had a class with Betty who was preppy, but also nice. 

As I walked out of the school I noticed Toni's waving hands and made my way over.

"So, who do ya wanna ride with? I've got to stop at my place first so you're either with Pea or Fangs." I could see Sweet Pea's smirk out of the corner of my eye in response to Toni's words.

"Let's go with Fangs, if that's alright with you?" I shot Fangs a smile.

"Hop on, pretty lady." Fangs winked at me and handed me a helmet as he swung his leg over the bike. 

"Why thank you kind sir." I laughed as I got on.

"See ya losers!" Fangs shot out of the parking lot, leaving me squealing and hanging on for dear life.

Neither Fangs or Liz noticed the scowl that appeared on Sweet Pea's face at her choice of Fangs, Toni on the other hand, did.