Baby, Give Me One Year

3 person P.O.V.

They had been a band for a full year now - Corbyn, Daniel, Jack, Jonah and Zach. Today they were celebrating it. A big party was planed. They had a short meet and greet with some fans in LA, posted lots of memories on their story and all each uploaded a short story of their journey to this band. It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining. It was perfect.

"Jonah! Can you come help me with the cake?" Daniel shouted from the kitchen.

"Sure, I'm coming," Jonah answered. "Zach do not do anything stupid while I'm gone. Corbyn, Can you keep an eye on him?"

The blonde boy just nodded to an answer. He had learnt it was better to just keep as quiet as possible when the oldest member spoke to him. It may have sounded like Jonah easily got mad, but that wasn't at all the case. Jonah was a soft dude with a big heart. And that was the reason Corbyn kept quiet. The brunette was so perfect, Corbyn stuttered every time he tried to speak to him. 

"So when are you going to do it?" Zach asked, surprising his friend.

"Do what?" Corbyn looked up from the phone. He was trying to put together the most perfect party playlist possible.

"Tell him," the younger said shortly.

"You need to explain more. No one can understand what you mean when you don't give names or even full sentences." Poor Corbyn was confused. And he didn't get less confused when Jack came into the room and spoke too.

"Jonah," he said. "Zach is talking about Jonah."

Corbyn put down his phone and turned to look at his two friends who were both looking back at him with smirks on their faces. Of course they didn't know about his feelings for the oldest boy. Or so he thought. 

"I thought you were the smartest one," Zach said in a teasing voice.

But Corbyn had to honestly give up and let the other two know he was pretty much clueless of to what they could have in mind. The thought of Jonah's smile ran through his mind and for a second he feared that they migt have noticed his strange behaviour. However in the next moment he realised they would have brought it up earlier. He had been like this for two months after all.

"I'm sorry boys. I'm not sure I follow," the fake blonde answered, honestly. "Please just tell me what's up so we can continue to prepare. I don't want Jonah to be more stressed than he already is." As he said his name, he felt butterflies in his belly.

"You know this party isn't just Jonah's. It's for all of us. We've been a band for one year, we've." Jack pointed out, giving his friend a tint blush. "You can stop playing in front of us. I noticed like six weeks ago and Zach asked me about it last week. So we know."

"Oh no," Corbyn sighed and instantly started rambling, "Please don't tell him. I can't stand Jonah saying he doesn't feel the same and then one of us will have to leave the band - that being me - and of course I'll have to stop meeting you guys too and-"

"Woah woah, slow down there mate," Jack chuckled. He was about to say something more, but was interrupted when Jonah came back into the room.

Corbyn's cheeks immediatly lit up like fire when Jonah's eyes met his. In the corner of his eyes he could see the curly haired boy smiling and beside him the younger one, smirking. He cursed at them in his head, but kept his eyes locked with Jonah's for as long as he could.

"Is the playlist done?" Jonah asked, with a soft tone that everyone but Corbyn noticed was shaky. 

The heat on Corbyn's cheeks raised even more as he quickly turned around and grabbed his phone, both to cover up the blush and to go back to work.