🌸 ; 1

Hajime Hinata was an average student. A student who got decent grades, a student who had a few friends, a student who was in clubs and did extracurricular activities (in Hajime's case, he was on the debate team). However, even though his life seemed good, he always strived for something exciting to happen. However not once did he expect anything like this.

"The hell?" Hajime mumbled to himself. Currently, he was staring down into his toilet bowl. "I thought I would vomit actually vomit, not flower petals... This is a turn of events."

Hajime woke up that morning with the urge to throw up. He thought he was getting the flu or something, mainly because it was flu season after all. But he later found out he didn't have the flu, he didn't know what he had. He knew he had thrown something up, but flower petals seems a bit too out of the ordinary.

"Maybe I'll tell Mikan about that later, or maybe not because I don't think I threw up anything. Maybe I thought I was throwing up, but was I really?" Hajime thought outloud, standing up and walking back to his room to grab his phone.

He quickly unlocked his phone and went to his search engine, typing in what every other person would type in when something like this happens.

"I threw up flower petals, what does this mean?"

He tapped on the key that said "go." And what he found wasn't at all what he expected.

"Wait it's an actual thing? Vomiting up flower petals is an actual thing?!" Hajime couldn't help but laugh a bit at this. "Come on, is somebody playing a prank on me or something? Well if someone did, they got me good. You can come out now!"

He waited around for a minute or two before finding that nobody came out, it wasn't a prank of some sort. Hajime sighed and read more about the disease that he allegedly had.

The disease Hajime read about was called the Hanahaki Disease, and it apparently meaner that he was experiencing a one-sided love of some sort. That was supposed to explain why he was throwing up flower petals? It didn't make any sense, where the hell were the petals coming from?

He continued to read, and he found out that the petals came from a flowering plant that was growing in his lungs. Meaning that he could die from it if the flower grew too large. But there was something he could do, surgery. If the surgery took place, then the feelings for the person Hajime apparently had a one-sided love towards would fade away. Is that really what Hajime wanted?

"Well, this is quite the mystery..." Hajime turned off his phone and placed it back on his nightstand. "I think it might be fun to figure out who it is I like if you want to call it that. But seriously, how do I not know who it is that I apparently like?" He laughed to himself once again before grabbing a change of clothes for the day.

"Well, I'm going over to Chiaki's later today, so it might be a good idea to talk to her about it."

- ; 🌸 ; -

Hajime knocked on Chiaki's door, and she eventually answered looking as tired as ever. "Oh.. hey Hajime."

"Looks like you didn't get any sleep last night, Chiaki." Hajime stepped inside and took off his shoes. Chiaki closed the door behind him. "Again."

"Oh yeah, I stayed up a bit too late playing this new game I got. I'm almost done with it if you want to watch me play." She started walking back towards her room, and Hajime followed close behind her.

"Yeah sure, I'll watch you." The two of them walked up the stairs, and into Chiaki's room. "Oh yeah, I remember I had to ask you something. But, you might not know anything about it."

"I may not... But go ahead and ask me..." Chiaki sat down on her floor and picked up her controller, unpausing her game and continuing to play.

"So this morning I started throwing up, but not vomit. It was flower petals for some reason. It confused me, but-"

"You have the Hanahaki Disease, don't you?" Chiaki interrupted.

Hajime was a bit speechless. Either he was stupid for not knowing how common it was, or Chiaki had it at one point. "How do you know about it?"

"Oh, I've had it before.... I got it removed the next day though through surgery. I think that the surgery is the best option... I'm sure Mikan can tell you more about it."

"Yeah, but I don't know who it is that I apparently have feelings for. I'm kind of interested in finding out who though." Hajime sighed.

"... Okay, I'll help you if you need it. Also, I invited Nagito over too, he's probably running late though... Maybe another lucky thing happened to him."