13. Town Trips and Tea Tasting

"Wake up, Eda!"

"Wuh??"

Shinomiya was a total country hick. This meant waking up with the nonexistent rooster crows, expecting everyone to do the same, and having no sense of what holding a grudge apparently is. He's probably forgotten all about Eda's yesterday temperament.

(Though, that changes a couple of years down the road but that's besides the point.)

Eda had barely two minutes to... pull a hoodie over his PJs, he's wearing shorts anyways, and then slot himself into slippers... before Shinomiya dragged him out with a list, a shopping bag, and some cash.

Apparently they need to get groceries in the morning?

"Sekimori-senpai is having a Shokugeki today, so he's leaving it up to us to get him his ingredients for today."

And Eda already wanted to go home.

"What's a Shokugeki?" he asked instead, because yes, that is the more important thing right now. "Where is Sekimori-senpai?"

"A Shokugeki's like an official cooking match thing," Shinomiya reported to him, sounding resigned, "Sekimori-senpai's already at the fish market, so we're getting uh, his tea and his special whatever sauce thing, which he, ordered from a store, I think."

Shinomiya was swallowing his words with uncertainty. That didn't sound good.

So Eda straightened, and taking a few quick steps forward, he snatched the paper off the guy's hands, erecting a sharp yelp of surprise.

"You're lost," Eda declared, after looking at the paper.

And Shinomiya groaned. Throwing his arms down in defeat, he just popped off.

"I don't get the city, okay?! What's the point of so many buildings? The signs only point two directions! What is up? Do I fly?? Do I dig if it says down?! Why does every road look like suspicious terrorist alleys into hidden secret bases I should never want to go near??"

"You need a new brain, Shinomiya," Eda admitted very frankly, "is this why you woke me up? Cause you didn't want to be alone when you get blamed for being late?"

"No!"

"I'll take that as a yes."

Shinomiya's further protests are shoved into the back of Eda's mind. They begin walking, and this time Shinomiya trailed behind Eda.

Eda evidently knew the route better. The map was a little more than an address and "walk straight at Soul Waffles', it's at the end with a sakura tree and a green sign, you can't miss it. Winky face."

"Did you just read the kaomoji out loud?" Shinomiya asked, flabbergasted.

Eda ignored him.