Chapter Nine-The Phoenix and The Firework Display

(Ella)

I am walking back from Hogsmeade with Antoinette and Ginny when Seamus runs up to us his cheeks red from the cold and snow in his hair. However, as he gets closer I notice that the snowflakes on top of his head, don't last long they just melt instantly as they touch this head. I smile at him and he smiles back at me, "Hey, Seamus, what's up?"

"Well, if it's alright with ya I was hopin that you'd go to the...the Yule Ball with me."

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you, Seamus."

"Okay," he says softly. "But you and your friends will all have to close your eyes."

"Alright," I say feeling a bit nervous about what he was going to do.

When I open my eyes a huge fireworks display of different shades of oranges and yellows is in front of me than to my surprise with just a few huge waves of his hands and him walking in a bit of a circle and swirling line, they slowly transform into a huge phoenix. The phoenix loops around and flies directly above my head and I duck then the phoenix explodes and then the words appear in cursive: WILL YOU GO TO THE YULE BALL WITH ME ELLA MALFOY????? 

I am so amazed at what he had just done I just gape at the glowing letters in the air burning the snowflakes around them as they hit them, trying to process the very idea of what he's just done for me.

"I...I...yes...I'll go to the ball with you Seamus! But first, you've got a lot of explaining to do!"

"I know it Ella, but it's kind of a long story that I'm not really ready to share fully yet."

"Either you tell me or I don't go to the ball with you Seamus Finnigan!"

"Okay Ella, I will explain it to you the best that I can, but if you are scared of me then please don't hesitate to run from me."

"I won't." 

"There is something that I need to show you and to do this I must take you to Dumbledore's office so that he can show you what I cannot."

I tell Ginny and Antoinette where I am going and they nod telling me to go on.