1. The Book

"I notice him looking at me from across the Times Square. I glance at him and hint a smile. His mouth smirks. It was a game they played, see who can pretend like they care the least. When really, all they we both wanted was to ignore the flashing traffic lights and strangers passing by, and focus on each other. Nothing else in the world mattered."

Loreina looks beyond her laptop and sees the sunshine from the great Mississippi State. The red light flashing in the corner of her eye directs her to her alarm clock. 6:15AM. Time to get ready for school. Her long legs push off from her rustic cedarwood desk and with her head tilted back, she spins around and stares at the glow-in-the-dark galaxy pasted onto her ceiling. Loreina's crystal blue eyes seemed to get lost in them, no matter how many times she studied it.

bbrRinnnng! bbrRing!

At first she ignores it. Wait. It might be Thomas. She scrambles out of her chair, over her clothes, and pounces onto her bed to pick up her phone.

"Hello?" She says trying to be cool.

"Hey Bestie," Replies a familiar voice. "What's up?"

"Hi William."

"What's wrong? You sound disappointed."

"Nothing. I just thought you were Thomas. But whatever, Why'd you call?"

"No reason, I was just bored. Aheh. Sorry did I wake you?"

"Come on. You know me better than that. I was writing."

"Yea. I figured." There was a chuckle in his voice. "Sooo how's it going? Starting a new book?"

"YUPP. Imma finish it time for the next young teen author competition in September."

"Well. You'll probably win. I mean what will this be your eighth time getting first place?"

"Eleventh." She corrected.

"Pshhh. Same difference."

"Uhuuu. Suurree, whatever you say. Oh, intelligent wise one. Ugg but I can't figure out where I'm going with this book."

"Don't worry about it. You'll find an ending. You always do. Ahah. Anyways I gotta go see ya at school."

"Thanks, Will you're the best. Byee." She fell back onto her bed, empty minded. Trying to conjure up the strength to get off the bed and get ready for school. Oh. How she wished the weekend wasn't over.