4. A Wednesday at School

"They fell in love. At first they both denied it, but soon they came to accept it. And lived life as destiny wanted it. Together. And so began the beginning of their middle."

"Tyyyyleeerrrr!" Loreina whined, "Ughh.  Lemme guess you can't sit with us again?"

"Yea, I'm sorry guys, you know how it is." Jacob scratched his head looking like the guilty party.

"That's not fair. Wednesday's are supposed to be Eat lunch with the crew and NOT with Anya Day."

"Yeah. I know guys. I'm really sorry. But she wants to study for science. Next week?" He already knows that they'll agree, so there was no point in asking.

"Yea. Sure." Loreina and Will both say with a hint of annoyance. They both watch as he runs down the hall to catch up to Anya.

Loreina turns to Will. "So to the usual seat?"

William smiles brightly. "Yup. RACE YA!" and he dashes off.

"Hey! That's not fair. You gotta head start!"

"Loreina, you and I both know that I would've won either way." There was a slight pause.

"Yea. But you didn't have to rub it in my face."

"I'm sorry. Lori. Here," he hands me his croissant sandwich.

"Ahaha. Apology accepted. Want my pizza?"

Their lunch spot was a bench under this tree. It was a giant tree in the middle of the wannabe football field. The branches spread out far and wide. Perfect for climbing, so naturally Will and Loreina sat in the middle. They had designated two branches to be theirs and no one dared to mess with it. Around the tree so soft dirt and lots of weeds. It was originally a garden. The school called it the "Garden of Peace," but all the flowers had died with 5 months so it was just a You can eat lunch in my shade spot.

In the midst of talking, the conversation lead up to Winter Formal. Who was going with who? How they were asked? You know. The usual.

"Are you hoping that Thomas asks you to Formal?" William raises his eyebrow teasingly.

"Not really." She replied. "During homeroom he asked Samantha, so I'm kinda over it. Not to mention he was being super rude to me."

"Awww what happened?" You got to love William. Even if it was the smallest thing he'd always be there for Loreina to count on.

"I think he found out that u had a crush on him. He kept staring at me like I was on the cover of Freaks United. I'm not even gonna try to have him acknowledge me. I'm completely over it."

"Oh, I see."

"Don't worry about it tho, Will. I'll be fine. I mean I have a long list of suitors. Remember?" She says as she flips her hair.

"Yea. You don't even know." William says under his breath."

"Hmm? Did you say something?"

"Huh? Oh. Nothing." He smiles sheepishly.