7. Formal

"'So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone" That was his favorite song. I didn't know how true those lyrics were."

To match her blue eyes, Loreina wore a long blue Ombre dress. It had a sweetheart design on top, meaning it was strapless, and no sequins or bedazzles. Her dress went all the down to the floor. It wasn't scandulous or slutty, but she still looked beautiful. No one else could pull it off like she could.

William picked her up at 7. He was handsomely gorgeous and Loreina was so glad that she went with him. They were on their way to Anya's house. She had recently found out she had cancer. So Tyler, being the most caring boy ever, brought the party to her house 

When they got there, everyone was dressed gorgeously, but one person stood out of the crowd. Anya. Her and her effortless braid and her glossy pearl maxi dress. Wow. She really was fit to be Snow Queen. Tyler truly deserved her. She was...flawless. Ya know besides her cancer.

William touched Loreina's shoulder. Through the chaos and thumping loud music he screamed,"HEY YOU WANNA GO OUTSIDE?"

"HUH?" William proceeds to make hand puppets and shows to fingers walking out the door. Loreina nods in understandment and they make their way towards Anya's patio.

Outside Loreina sits on a bench swing. While William awkwardly stands leaning against a pillar.

"Hey, Loriena. There's something I've been meaning to tell you. " William sheepishly hides his face behind his hands, but then finally looks into her eyes and says, "I kniw that we've been best friends for a long time and its because of that I learned to know you even more. Loreina I  think I'm in-"

"HEYYY. You guys the party's inside. Actually stay outside. I needa talk to you guys about something important." Tyler has a serious tone in his voice.  "I'm leaving to go to school in New York.....I know its sudden and I know I shouldve told you guys before, but everything's been so hectic lately. I just didn't know how to say it."

Loreina, enraged, screams at him. "HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL US. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO SPEND OUR LIVES TOGETHER. GROW OLD. MAKE OUR CHILDREN BEST FRIENDS AND HAVE PLAY-DATES. ALL HERE IN MISSISSIPI. GRADUATE COLLEGE AND- and..and..and.." streams run down Loreina's face. "You can't leave. TYLER. YOU CAN'T. ITS SUPPOSED TO BE ALL THREE OF US. TILL THE VERY END." Loreina ride's an emotional hurricane. Bawling her eyes out. The one time she wore makeup and here it was streaming down her face.

William speaks up. "You know..you...you might never see us again right?" He chokes up. "ARE YOU OKAY WITH THAT?!? You can't go by yourself. I can't let you leave by yourself.  Loreina's right. It IS the three of us. IT ALWAYS HAS AND IT ALWAYS WILL BE."   There's a moment of silence. Everyone trying to process what was happening. "I'm going with you."

"William, YOU CAN'T. YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE AND TAKE CARE OF LOREINA. STAY BY HER SIDE. THROUGH THICK AND THIN-wait... have you told her yet." this brraks the mood.

"I was about to but then you-uhh you came outside."William tries to whisper.

"Tell me WHAT?" Loreina speaks up.

"Tell you that I love you. and that I've loved you since the day we met. Since first grade when you pronounced my name wrong and kicked me and that one time you cheered me up by just smiling. I've loved you since forever. No one else. Only you." William confesses.

"I've made up my mind." Loreina crumbles onto the floor weeping harder and harder.  She manages to whisper out. "I can't lose both of you. I just can't. I couldn't live with myself if..if.." she screams, nose runny and vision "IF YOU BOTH DON'T COME BACK."

"Loreina, I love you. And I'm probably just talking to myself though but. make a promise to you. When we come back. Promise me. You'll wait for us. BECAUSE WHEN WE COME BACK. THE WHOLE CREW'LL BE BACK IN BUSINESS. It'll be like it always has been. Ya know. We'll still have our tree and our memories. Just don't forget us and we won't forget you " William can't even see clearly. His vision is blurred from the tears.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" Loreina screams angered more than ever. "NO. THAT'S NOT HAPPENING.  WHY ARE YOU TALKING LIKE YOURE LEAVING YOU'RE BOTH STAYING HERE. OR SO HELP ME. I'M COMING WITH YOU. I'M NOT MAKING ANY STUPID PROMISES.  I LOVE YOU WILLIAM. I KNOW. WHAT A SHOCKER BUT I CAN NEVER THINK OF SOMEONE LIKE YOU. SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ME AS MUCH AS YOU DO. WE'RE HERE FOR EACH OTHER TILL THE VERY END. SO DON'T YOU GO TALKING LIKE WE'RE GONNA BE SEPERATED. THE THREE OF US GOTTA STICK TOGETHER NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US. We're all we have."

The next morning, they left. Without her. And without a goodbye.