Chapter One: The Dancing Flames

CHAPTER ONE :The Dancing Flames

It was nearly an evening or so. The bright yellow light was very visible on the streets of Green Village. It was very misty and cold out there. No one was outside the streets, not even a single street cat. All was perfectly quiet and peaceful. The side of the streets bore many houses with great looks of oldness, vacantness and loneliness. Although this village seemed to be empty, the only family, I should say, that lived there was the Orion family, the only family in the village that survived the so called “Evil Fortress.” No one really knew why this perfectly constructed village was called “evil” by the former occupants. The rumour seemed to be proof less, but it was a great deal for the villagers. One by one, the human government asked every one of the villagers to evacuate and leave their houses. This was, unfortunately, a great cause for the Orion family for the human government owned the land. The Orion’s would be asked plenty of times for them to leave but still, they refused. Until this day, no man would step onto the great gate of the village for they said that one misfortunate step would bring bad luck for their whole life.

   Eventually, out of empty space, a very fairly skinned woman came to sight when nightfall stroked. Her long white gown sparkles very evidently. Her blue eyes and perfect slim body made her more beautiful. She walked very slowly, as if she was in a wedding. She withdrew a long and a crystalized shaft and pointed it onto the nearest house that stood. She whispered something unusual and the round and transparent gem bore out light. It circled all over the shaft. As it goes, the light climbed up the ball of gem and made another great lightning that made the woman disappear.

   A few blocks away, the woman was then again appeared. The great light vanished in her shaft where she is still holding highly. She looked around slowly, lowering her shaft; she walked around and seemed to be looking for something. And with another swish of her shaft, two enormous white lights came again. The two of the lights parted ways as they went far and far. The woman waited for a while and saw one light who was making its way towards her.

   “I must see it by now,” she said while scanning the streets. The first light, which was the biggest, came forth onto the woman. With a great surprise, the light spoke.

  “A little further. Go straight and you should see a little house. Raeanna, you should be aware that the boy’s father is a lunatic!” said the ball of light.

  “Of course, but I’m not sure that I could persuade him, or the boy too,” said Raeanna, very worriedly, “Well, thank you for searching for me. Where’s the other one?”

  “Oh, banished. He’s quite useless you know. Can’t even find a dog! Well, I think you need me. The house is very dark, and besides, I could help you escape whenever you made a terrible act,” said the ball of light, very concerned.

  “I see. Well, you’re kinda’ right. Let’s go,” said Raeanna. Soon, they walked very calmly. Raeanna withdrew her shaft again, as a preparation of whatever they attempted to do. As expected, they found the house. It was rather small and very neat. It was rather surrounded by thin and rusted bars of metal. A small gate also stood at the front of the house, which displayed the words: “TO THOSE WHO WISH TO LEAVE, GO! TO THOSE WHO LIKED TO GET KILLED, ENTER…”It was nearly to midnight when they decided to enter. Raeanna went first, her heart throbbing a little bit slower. The way through the door was like a small hill, full of rocks and mud and rather a long way.

  “Oh, wait. Did you know the boy at all?” asked Raeanna.

  “Of course I do. That boy has been under my watch for quite some time now. Felix the Great asked me to protect him. Well, to be really honest, I knew the boy’s lifestyle. He never spoke to his father. I think he was like a traumatic child, I’m afraid,” said the light, now whispering very fast.