two

mariposa was in the lobby of the hotel she was currently staying in. she was on the phone to her assistant. she was moving into an apartment with her bestfriend cindy kimberly well she was meant to move in tomorrow and then cindy the next day; their both going to nyu but they don't want to live in a dorm since their somewhat famous, mariposa's dad is the billionaire nelson araúja so she got sort of famous from that and she also models and has acted in movies.

anyway an inspector went round and checked the apartment and found out it has faulty pipes so it's pretty unsafe that means they will have to replace them which would take up to three weeks maybe four the inspector, David, had told her assistant Leslie.

"well i guess i'll have to ask my dad if he can pay for me to stay here for that time." she sighed into the phone taking a seat on one of the luxurious chairs.
she could pay for the hotel herself, but she's renting this apartment with her own money although cindy is paying half it still a lot of money for them both plus she has to pay all her college fees and then furnish her apartment and now the rest will pay for the plumber to fix the pipes and it'll cost her the money she was saving so she could you know eat and pay for the wifi, electric etc. she may be a little rich but she isnt as rich as her dad.

Mariposa doesn't like asking her dad for money she has always been independent and she wants to prove not only to the world but herself that she's not just some trust fund kid, she knew her dad would give her the money in a heartbeat. she's not like her siblings she really does just wanna be financially independent.

"maybe that's best i mean he was the one who convinced you to let him pay for your hotel and he's the one who chose one of the most expensive hotels in new york." she told mariposa.
"i know i'm gonna have to go, i have to call cindy and tell her the news."

"alright i'll text you how much it will cost for the repair. bye."

"bye" mariposa said as she ended the call.

~✰~

mariposa had just finished telling cindy about the pipes and that it'll take up to a month to finish. "school starts in a week." cindy sighed

"I know," mariposa said "do you know where you're gonna stay?"

"what hotel are you staying at?" she says" i'll just find a room and stay there with you."

"well my dad payed for me to stay in a penthouse in the mark for tonight but i'm gonna ask if he can pay for however long i need to stay here, so you can stay with me."

"posie that's like a million for just twenty something days!" she exclaimed. " jeez i'm glad your not my daughter!"

"hey i never ask my dad for anything while he's there spending what millions a year on my siblings," she says, it frustrated her that her sibling would do that, but she'd rather have a bond with her dad than one with his bank account. "please save the lecture i feel so guilty already and i haven't even asked about doing it but i can't be bothered to move all these heavy boxes again so might as well stay were i am."

"okay i'll come stay with you but please tell your dad we'll pay him back i'll pay half and you'll pay the other half."

"of course i will i would never take that much money without paying him back."

"alright well i love you cindy but i better go i'm need to call my dad and ask otherwise well i'll be homeless tomorrow."

"alright bye i love you posie."

"i love you too"