1/nice girl

Black hair. Black boots. Black shirts. Black pants. Black soul. This seems to be the style that everyone knows. Also not forgetting an occasional slur on their black shirt and a universal understanding that smoking weed is a personality trait. That's high school in Crystal.

Crystal's a town, not a person, though stuck in Ohio just as one. It's said that the people still in Crystal were the ones dreaming about getting out, only to realize it was the only place these people could be perfectly content. The town is just that, a town. Friendly neighbors with little shops and local car wash fundraisers with little secrets hidden in every crevice of people's homes. Each one getting juicier the better it's hidden. The only thing is, nothing can ever stay completely hidden in Crystal, just as it can't anywhere else. It certainly doesn't help that people are getting sloppier and sloppier with each hidden thing in their life. Almost like they want them to be found.

"Nova! Get up! I'm not gonna tell you again." Mrs. Breller screamed for the 3rd time that morning, just as she does every day that Nova, her daughter, has anything to do before 10:00 a.m.

A slight groan was all that was heard from the bottom of the stairs as Nova descended wearing her clothes that she slept in, not caring even a little bit who saw her through her bay window. The window was unnecessary due to the fact it looked out on the high school's basketball court and front lawn where students loitered. Every time Nova looked out at it she would think deeper about how strongly she believes a pedophile built the house she has now called home for about 4 years.

"Waffles." Her mother handing her a plate of the food.

"Thanks." Nova said groggily while gratefully accepting the waffles her mother had made. "What's the occasion?" Nova asked eating the waffles.

"Well, sweetie, we are starting to get a little bit concerned about you, ya know? So maybe eating regularly can be step one of your newest recovery." Nova's mother spouted at her like it was a natural thing. At this point Nova's parents felt as though this was a normal conversation due to how often it occurs. Three times isn't a lot when it comes to almost anything else, but it is in this situation.

"Mom, I'm doing..." Nova paused and sighed, "whatever." She rolled her eyes and gave up on the conversation and continued her waffles until her father came down to give her the tea she drank every morning. The Brellers' routine was set in stone and the only thing that can break it is the lack of one of them, which was a rare sight when it came to their routine. Nothing was ever tampered which, no one got sick, they never went on trips separately, things were very concrete and they liked it like that.

In trudged Nova's father shouting for Beamer, the fourth member of the beautiful family. Nova heard her tea being brewed and she stood up to get the newspaper, immediately doing the crosswords. She had a personal race with herself to see how fast she could complete them, the goal is before she gets her tea, but no matter how close she comes she hasn't been able to get it. Her father set the tea down and spoke "Closer than Friday, kiddo. Good!" He smiled and screamed, "Beamer!" for the final time of the morning.

Beamer's tall stature, for only being 15, drooped down the stairs and into the kitchen where breakfast was being held. He was wrapped in a blanket and Nova's fuzzy socks, only because he didn't own any of his own because it's "weird" for a guy to have fuzzy socks. Nova agrees, but she also enjoys not sharing socks with her brother.

"Can Nova and I go to the mall today, please?" Beamer asked after putting waffle in his mouth, not even question the fact there was something other than cereal on the table. "Oh, mom these taste great, thank you so much." his kiss-ass super powers kicking in.

"Thank you and of course, baby." Their mother swoons, stroking his face. Their father, finishing the cross-word, just smiling knowing that Beamer is indeed his child.