Chapter 13

Casey dropped the blade, tears starting to form in his eyes.

The locks clicked off automatically. All of the other boys were holding the various items, staring at them like they didn't know what happened.

They probably didn't.

Casey pulled Bella off the bed and wrapped her in his arms, rocking her back and forth gently while she was still shaking from her near death experience.

Across the room the same thing was happening with Millie, except after a while it sort of turned into a group hug.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I didn't mean to.. I.. I.." Casey stuttered.

"Casey please don't.. I know.." She whispered into his shoulder.

Suddenly smoke started spiralling around the room.

"Oh shit.." Jake muttered.

Bella removed herself from Casey's arms and started running towards Millie, however she hit something and got thrown backwards.

"The fuck?" She asked no one in particular, while standing up and walking towards Millie again. Millie had noticed what she was doing and also got out of the mass hug she was in.

Bella and Millie both put their hands out in front of them.

They both touched a glass wall about a meter thick.

Millie tried screaming something at her.

She looked panicked.

"What?" Bella yelled back.

Her question was answered.

Her arms were grabbed by 2 different people.

She screamed at the contact on her torn up arms.

James and Jake.

"what are you guys doing?" Bella screamed at them. In the other half of the room she saw the same thing happening to Millie.

But this time all the boys eyes were black.

"Casey, Casey help please!" She yelled, her voice cracking at the end.

All he did was press a button so that in both rooms a part of the wall slid open to reveal a passage.

Millie had tears streaming down her face.

Then she lost sight of her as she was dragged deeper and deeper into the passage.

Eventually they stopped at the end of the room.

After the non stop begging and cries for help, no avail came.

It was like they couldn't hear her.

Wait..

They couldn't hear her.

They threw her into the empty room.

She ran over to one of the walls and without thinking she started using her own blood to write words on the plain white wall opposite them.

"Even if you cannot hear my voice, I'll be right beside you dear, louder, louder, and we'll run for our lives, I can hardly speak I understand why you can't raise your voice to say..."

Her arm was dragged away again, but all the boys were reading it.

They blinked several times.

She stared at them all hopefully.

This was it.

This truly was the thing that mattered between life and death.