Chapter 2 (TW)

... A m e r i c a ' s  P O V...

"Japan! Hey!" I greeted my friend from middle school. She used to hate me, but we got along swimmingly after a lot of drama. Middle school was crazy with a bunch of parents and students drama. Japan hated me because her mother hated me.

"Hello America-San! How are you today?" She smiled at me. She made me glad to be her friend. She's sweet and silly, but also smart with technology, art, and medics. She's very clever.

"I'm doing good for as well as I can be while China's always finding ways to ruin my day." I said, getting my books out of my locker.

"Aw, I will go beat up China-Sama for you. Anyway! Do you want to go get Boba with Spain, Phillip, and I after school?" She waved at Spain who was walking by.

"Sure, I just have to be back at home before 5. I can't stress enough what I mean by before 5. My dad is super strict." I looked at her and gave a sympathetic smile.

"Oh! Yes, of course. I forget that your father is strict like that. It's because he cares for you, America-San. Don't be so upset over it!" She always tried to reason and look on the sunny side of things. Now that I think about it, I think this is where Belarus gets her positivity from.

"I better get to class." I waved goodbye to Japan.

"Okay! Meet me at the front gate!" She waved goodbye and ran off around the corner. I walked over to class.

...

After ordering our Boba we all walked over to the nearby park. Spain and Japan were doing their playful bickering.

"They're like babies." Phillip commented to me.

"Well, they both have extreme extroverted personalities." I said, glancing down at Phillip.

"Well anyway, I heard that someone put a big dent in China's locker. I'm assuming that was you?" She asked, giving me a 'your screwed' look.

"Actually no. It was Russia." I laughed, "Shocking?"

"Wow, I didn't know he had any beef with China." She smiled, clearly amused by the situation.

"He has an issue with everyone." I said, giving off a salty vibe.

"Speaking of the devil..." Phillip looked up, to see Spain and Japan talking to Russia.

"Wow, didn't expect that Spain or Japan would even bother." I looked over to Russia. He noticed and glared at me and mouthed, "go away". So, me being the bother I am, I walked over to the 3. "Hey Russia. How is your hand?" I asked.

"Fine, thanks." He mumbled.

"So... Russia? Why did you punch China's locker?" Phillip asked.

"Why do you care?" Russia responded back.

"Because I would like to know." Phillip kept bothering Russia to answer her questions. He seemed agitated by her but too out of it to really care.

"Phillip, stop bothering him." Japan pulled back Phillip towards her and Spain. I took my chance to go up next to Russia to be a pest and pester him.

"They're so bother-some aren't they?" I asked in the most fake voice I could do.

"You say that as if your any better." He glared down at me

"Yeah, I'm not any better. But, let's get out of here. Walking around the block a million times is no fun, isn't it?" I gave him a small half smile to soften the mood.

"I rather not go run off with you just so you can be stupid around me even more." I argued.

"Oh c'mon Rus. Trust me." I haven't called him by his nickname is ages, but it caused him to stop glaring at me and actually look at me.