adopting a cat

It was a complete accident, how you'd ended up in the adoption centre. One second you'd been purring around the streets trying to draw in a stray cat that wandered around your neighbourhood periodically, and the next you'd been thrown into the back of a cat van and carted off to the nearest adoption centre. Which was where you sat, staring out the bars of your cage and wondering how anyone could ever mistake you for a cat at all. Alas, this was the case.

After a few hours of doing nothing in particular, the bell to the shop chimed melodically and instantly the entire aura of the adoption centre changed. You felt empowered. There was a woman respecter in your area.

Instantly, all the chattering of the staff died down and was replaced by a low whisper of 'He's back! The sexy man's back!' that you could just about hear.

"Be quiet. I want to adopt all the cats in this centre." The man's voice was deep and sounded like he had a opiate affliction of a sort, and it distracted you for two long seconds that you didn't quite catch his looks. His dazzling face with slavic cheekbones and tousled aubergine coloured hair that offset the quiet fire simmering in his eyes.

He was beautiful.

"Of course Felix!" the woman at the counter said, "But remember, you can't do that :(! Please come through and look, we have even more cats today!"

Wait... Felix? As in Felix Hugo Fraldarius the famous man from television who was famous because his friend enjoyed opiates so much????? THAT FELIX?!??!?!?!??!?

So he walked into the cages and he. Was met face to face with you. His eyes staring at you. Yes it was the famous man from the television!

"That is not a cat. That is a person." Felix said.

"No, it's a cat. It was purring. It is a cat."

"No it's not. I will adopt her."

WAIT.... FELIX FRALDARIUS IS ADOPTING ME???