The Thought Process

(Niall's P.O.V)

I can start to feel Hailee's nails dig into my forearm as she drags me away. Hailee seems to have this special power of coming in at the perfect moment and disturbing the peace. She loosens up her grip as the door to Finley's dressing room shuts with a thud.

"Babe what were you doing in there?" I can practically hear the possessiveness dripping from her voice.

"I was checking up on Harry. The boys were asking for him." I can feel the annoyance start to bubble up as I explain myself.

Hailee's hands start to wonder among my chest, crumpling my perfectly ironed set shirt that had just been fixed before I got dragged out by this demon standing in front of me. She moves closer, starting to leave a hot trail of kisses across my neck. While doing so she tries to grasp at my neck, attempting to drag me into a empty janitor's closet.

"Hailee please stop." I try to get away before she leaves any love bites, but to my discomfort she succeeds. She holds onto my neck tighter then before trying to get what she wants, it only seems to make my annoyance raise to another level. "Hailee get the fuck off of me!" I take her hand from around my neck and drop them back to her sides.

"What the fuck Niall! Stop being such a goodie goodie and just go in to the damn closet!" I don't think I have ever seen someone this desperate. Can't she understand that sometimes I just want to be left alone, and don't want to have sex all of the time.

Hailee seems to get fed up at the situation and grabs my arm again, only 10x harder this time. I can hear a whimper escape my lips as her nails dig into my skin. I rip my arm away from her hold, cradling it. As soon as I get the chance, I swiftly leave her behind to go look for the rest of the boys.

I make my way down the corridor trying to figure out how the fuck I can get rid of these love bites. Preferably as soon as possible.

I enter the back room that we were all assigned to us to hang out before the show. I see Louis and Harry all cuddled up on the couch, as usual. For some odd reason Zayn and Liam and sitting in the middle of the floor play Pattie Cake, probably trying to pass time. Slyly, I try to make my way to sit down without getting noticed, but I can see all of the boys eyeing my neck, all with questioning expressions. Harry just grumbles something under his voice trying to ignore the situation. I can't quite seem to hear what's being said but anyone could tell that he's annoyed by the look on his face.

(Finley's P.O.V)

I fucked up. This can NOT happen. Niall hugging me is not supposed to feel like that after all that has happened. 'Come on Fin, get me outta your head!' Distracting myself is easy, it's all music. I manage to find my phone and headphones laying on the makeup table. Putting the earbuds in almost instantly washes away all of my thoughts. All outside noises get drowned out, while I only focus on the music. The power of music is incredible sometimes.

One day you were here and now you're not

Scared of change but I think you know

I won't call you up

I have learnt my lesson not to waste time on us

Told you I'm a winner, you're a runner up

This is the perfect escape. All of my worries, anger, and most of all fear are washing away. It's almost as every dance move rids me of another emotion. The swaying of my hips start to combine with the beat of different songs. 

As I start to really get into the music in abruptly stops. I look up and meet the eyes of the one and only Mae. She takes the headphones out of my ears and phone and puts them back in their original place, leaving me baffled. "What the hel-"

"Finley I heard what happened, and I am here to make you look like a boss ass bitch for the show tonight.  Show those two that you don't care and that you're over it."

"Coming to the rescue as always I see." A smile soon appears on Mae's face as she starts taking out all of her supplies. I go over to her and sit down with a thud. 

"Can we at least listen to something while we do this please?" Mae didn't even respond before she started playing music from her phone. 

-

After many laughs and song changes It's finally finished. The outfit and makeup came together better than I could've asked for. 

"I knew I brought you along for some reason."

"Oh shut up." Laughs come from both of our mouths as we speak. This is what I needed. My big sister. She always knows how to make anyone or everyone laugh and smile. I don't think I have ever been happier to have her by my side.

By the time we are finished goofing off, the opener for the show is making his final speech to the crowd, hopefully getting them excited for me to start playing. 

I walk out of my dressing room and make my way down the hall to be greeted by the one and only Cara. Cara is probably the best decision I have ever made. She became my new manager after the band split up, and she shares the same hatred toward Simon, which again I am very grateful for. Cara has the biggest smile spread across her face as she sees me. 

"You look fucking amazing!" 

"Thank you." I can feel my cheeks start to redden as she compliments me. I just can't seem to get over how amazing she, and what I did to deserve her. 

"Okay so you're on in about 15, which gives us plenty of time to get you mic'd and get you to the platform." I give her a nod as I try to keep up with her pace. Cara has been waiting for this first show ever since it got scheduled. Sometimes I think she's more excited than I am. 

Cara and Mae seem to be skipping as we reach the 'backstage' area with happiness apparent on their faces.  Everything almost seems to whip past me, because before I know it, I'm mic'd up and getting ready to get on stage. Minutes before the show starts, I go around giving everyone a high-five for everything they've done for me. As I'm standing on the platform they boys appear in front of me. They all start shouting out heaps of support and 'good lucks', but all I can seem to focus on is one thing.

Three little hickies on the side of Niall Horan's neck.

(hi everyone!!! i know its been a while from what i would usually update but i hope you're liking the story so far.) (and i've said this before, i have nothing against hailee or niall i love them both this is just for the sake of the story, and i also know that the same situation keeps kind of happening but trust me something big is happening soon!) i love you all and i hope you enjoyed, see you in the next one :) <3