Chapter 3

Val's POV

We were lead to a room by one of the soldiers.

"This is so unfair." Toby says to the soldier.

"Now cool off, hotshot." The soldier says as he shoves my brother into the room.

I just walk into the room without getting shoved in.

Toby runs over to the soldier and starts to cling on to him saying, "Please don't leave us in here, sir! I can't stand small spaces.  Anywhere but here!"

I shake my head as I see what Toby was doing.

The soldier pushes Toby off and says, "Jeez, kid. You're like 13 years old. It's time you grew backbone." He says before the door closes.

"Thanks for the life lesson." Toby says sarcastically.

I then lean against a wall.

"Oh, it's a shame that we are going to miss seeing the Peacekeeper." I say sarcastically.

"And thank you for this." Toby finishes as he holds out a key card.

Toby looks at me with a smirk on his face.

I sigh and roll my eyes, knowing what he was going to do.

Toby opens the and looks to the side to see the soldier talking to one of the female scientists.

"Onward and upward, Val." Toby says to me as he goes in the different direction.

I turn around to see Toby run ahead of me and I follow after him.

We soon go into a room where our dad and the President were in.

I look in to also the Peacekeeper fighting a lot little robots.

"I gotta get a better look." I hear Toby say before he moves closer to the Peacekeeper.

"Toby!" I whisper-yell to my brother.

I start to follow him and watch the fight at the same time.

During the fight, some of the little robots got stuck to the Peacekeeper and were firing at the other little robots with the Peacekeeper.

"It's using that drone against the other drones. How's that possible?" I hear President Stone ask.

"It's called 'adaptive technology.' It can absorb and control anything." I hear Dad answer President Stone.

"Well, I may have flunked out of college, but I was right about the Red Core. You scientists think you're the only ones with the brains." President Stone says before I see the Peacekeeper shoot his blaster toward President Stone and General Heckler.

"Uh, sir?" General Heckler asks President Stone as the Peacekeeper was staring at them.

The Peacekeeper then started to run in their direction.

I needed to get Toby out of here before something bad happens.

I start running towards Toby when I see a glass door coming down.

After seeing this, I started to run faster but it was too late. The glass door already closed.

"Toby!" I yell to him as I start banging on the glass.

This got everyone's attention.

"Dad! Val!" Toby yells.

"Toby!" I hear Dad yell.

I then hear our dad yell, "I can't open it! I can't open it!"

I was so scared right, and I had a few tears in my eyes.

"Help me, Dad! Help! Val!" Toby yells to us.

Dad comes next to me as I keep yelling Toby's name.

"It's going to be okay, Toby. I'm going to get you out! Everything's going to be fine, I promise." Dad says to Toby.

A bright light comes from the Peacekeeper, which causes everyone to cover their eyes.

We then open our eyes to see Toby gone.

"Toby!" My dad and I yell at the same time.

I fell to my knees and started to cry.

I had my eyes closed, so I couldn't see what was happening right now.

All I hear is shooting and then a huge blast.

I open my eyes to see the Peacekeeper laying on the floor.

The glass door now opens, and we start walking towards the Peacekeeper.

"Where's Toby? Where's my son?" Dad asks.

I look down to see Toby's hat on the floor. My dad sees it too.

I pick it up and hug it as I start to cry again.

My dad hugs me and I hug him back.

I was so sad that Toby died, and I am also mad at President Stone for using the Red Core on the Peacekeeper.

This has been the worst day of my life.