Chapter 13- Day One?

"I said, would you go on a date with me." She blatantly reiterates whatever she said a while ago. I just stare at her, my eyes wide in confusion.

What the fuck?

"A what?" I asked her, almost a little too aggressively.

"A date, Son Chaeyoung. Don't you know what a date is?" She asked me, I see her smiling. I just stared at her, I was still confused. I immediately halt and let out an exasperated breath. I wasn't sure what was happening.

"Umm..." I close my eyes, trying to think things through. "Why, exactly?" I was pretty sure I gave her my most confused look because I saw her laugh at me, in turn I ended up laughing too.

"It's a friendly date, silly." She laughs. She just shook her head, probably because of how slow I was. "Weren't you listening to me awhile ago?" She asked, her gummy smile almost blinding me.

"I got distracted." I defended myself, of course this was true. She just nodded. "What for, exactly?" I ask, trying to make sure I get all the details. I just didn't want to assume. Assuming will only lead me to a heartbreak and I don't want that. Nobody wants that unless you're a masochist.

"I just want to make it up to you." She gave me this apologetic look. She just looked down to the ground, she's fiddling with her feet. Why the heck is she so awkward? "We had a fight a while back. And well—-" I cut her off, I just want to cut things short.

"Sure, unnie." I smile at her. "I'll spend time with you, tomorrow." I tell her.

"So, it's a date?" She smiles. I just stare at her, the urge to correct her is eating me whole. I know, she's just trying to be nice. This time, it's my initiative to be less of a burden to her.

"Sure, a friendly date." I draw a line between us.

That night, I couldn't sleep. I keep tossing and turning in bed. I was up until god knows what time in the morning. I couldn't be still. I kept sitting up and then lying down again. It was like a repetitive torture cycle. My body was awake, my soul was awake, I was awake. I tried to close my eyes and let my mind rest but I could only see one thing.

Mina, in her turtleneck, skirt, and boots. She looked shy, her thin red lips moving. She's saying something. "I said, would you go on a date with me?" she asked.

I sit straight up and open my eyes. The sun was peeking through my window, it's morning. I quickly grabbed my phone to check what time it was, it was six o'clock. I just sit still and stare at the cream colored wall in front of me.

"Son Chaeyoung, what the fuck are you doing?" I asked myself.

I mean, I ask myself that question everyday but today that question has got a heavier bearing. As I continue to space out, staring at the wall, I hear a knock. My head swiftly turned to the door's direction. I just stare at it. My eyes half closed. The door opens and it spits out a giant. A demon tree to be exact.

"Wow. You look horrible." Says Tzuyu. I just blink at her. "Why does it look like you haven't slept for a century?" She asks.

"Why does it look like you're a 7-foot Chinese man?" I sass her back. I see her roll her eyes at me. She enters my room and then she sits on my bed.

She's Taiwanese, not Chinese.

"It's too early for you to sass me, but okay." She admits her defeat. I just smile at her, feeling this glorious energy from winning a bickering contest with Chou Tzuyu.

"Need something from me?" I ask her. I stretch my arms out and let out a yawn, then I stare at her. No response. "Well? You've got to need something from me because it's very unlikely of you to barge in my room this early in the morning." I tell her, of course the words just kept coming. It's Tzuyu that I'm talking to, the level of confidence I have is through the roof.