Chapter Sixty-Eight

Okay guys, I will point out right now that I don't know much about Izzy's family. I know his parents split up when he was a kid and all that, I also only know that he has a brother (I'm not sure if he is younger or older) so I'm going to just make it all up. Even Izzy's mum and her name! Because I haven't found anything on her! Apologies guys! Please be kind! 😭

I HOPE YOU ARE ALL SAFE FROM CORONA (COVID19)

_________________________________________

Izzy, Nathaniel and I sat as passengers in the aeroplane. To my surprise, we were on a normal plane rather than the band's personal jet. So today was the day, well right now, was when we were flying over to Lafeyette, Indiana. Was I nervous? I sure was. Not because we were flying, I didn't mind that, but I was going to meet Izzy's mum and his brother when we got there. So I really was kind of freaking out. I don't know what I feared worse, meeting his family or him meeting mine and myself seeing my family for the first time in a while.

"Are you okay?" Izzy asked, noting my look of worry.

"I'm fine." I nodded, forcing a smile onto my face.

"Are you sure?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Of course, I'm just tired." I shrugged, trying to stop him from asking anymore questions.

Izzy only nodded, but he did remove one arm from around Nathaniel and grabbed my hand, holding it. That action really had me smiling, the thought of it was just too sweet. Izzy was too much, he was such a sweety-pie.

"So when we arrive in Laf, my brother is gonna be picking us up." Izzy announced with a big smile.

"He is?" I turn my head to look at Izzy. Gosh I was really freaking out over this all. I mean, what if I'm not good enough? What if his mum already had a girl picked out for Izzy? I was almost panicking, but also trying to act as if I wasn't.

"Yeah, I spoke to Joe yesterday and he was excited to meet you and Nath." Izzy couldn't stop smiling.

"That's good." I return. My insides were all feeling like jelly, except for my heart, that felt like it was going to pump out of my ribcage. I haven't ever been this nervous for anything! Not even when I first met Axl back when I was still living in Australia, I never once felt like this. "Does he know our story?" I thought I would ask. I didn't mean it in a bad way, I was just curious. Did Izzy's mum and brother know that Nathaniel was Axl's son? Since Axl and Izzy pretty much grew up together, I was almost 100% sure his family would have known Axl.

Izzy kind of chuckled. "What are you asking sweet? Does my family know that Nathaniel isn't my son? That he is my supposed 'best friend's' son?"

I nodded, feeling a little anxious about speaking.

"Of course they know." He nodded. "Because Nath isn't my biological son, that's not gonna change anything. My mom is thrilled to meet you and Nath, she is also a little curious as he is Axl's blood."

"She is, is she?" I watch as the flight attendant walks down the aisle.

"Sweet, you're actually fucking worried to meet my family, aren't you?" Izzy asked the one question I wished he wouldn't.

I let out a sigh and nodded my head. "Yeah." I answered, turning my head to look at him.

Izzy just shook his head and smiled. "Sweet, they already love you. Do you know why?" He cocked an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Why?"

"Because of several reasons. First of all, you put up with my bullshit. Second, I've told them all about you and if they didn't like you, they would have said it by just me talking about you. Last but not least, you are the only girl I've ever brought home for them to actually meet." He chuckled. "So this is a big fucking deal for them and for me." Izzy gave my hand a squeeze and leaned over to kiss me. Well that made me feel a little better I guess. "Now, just relax and enjoy the ride."