Amber's Unsigned Contract

Amber cut Valletta off. “I don't want to talk too tough about Rohan. Hey, what are you doing this weekend?”

Since she was driving, the phone was locked into the phone holder on the dashboard. “I could not tell you, because me no plan nothing.”

“Well, there is this party at the Cellar and Solomon is getting us free tickets. At first, I was not feeling it because the Cellar is boring as F, but I decided it would be a nice way for you guys to meet Solomon.”

The Cellar was a club in Kingston, but she stopped going there, because it became drab recently.

“Who?”

“Solomon.”

“Who that?”

Amber groaned, “The baby gyallis.”

“Ohhhhh...why, just drop him.”

Amber had been talking to him for a while and wanted to get to know him. She was too busy to make time for him specifically so this will be her amends of sorts. 

Besides, he talked a good game when she was texting him, but words meant little she wanted to know how he was around others.

So her friends will help with that. She brightly joked, “Come on I thought you wanted to see him in action?”

“I don't want no construction wasteman embarrass me a road.” 

Amber laughed. “Solomon is not a wasteman Valletta.”

“You pick some of the worst men, your last husband being one.”

Amber frowned in disgust at the low blow. “Really Valletta?”

“Someone had to say it, you'll thank me later.”

Amber let the insult go and asked more aggressively, “Are you coming or not?”

“Yeah, yeah, sure. Stop pushing me and stuff. Should I call Sandy and Moonchy?”

“Sandy, but not Moonchy she supposed to come from Negril Thursday so leave her be for now. She needs her rest.”

“Mama, Moonchy nuh rest. She rave.”

“That's why I said she needs her rest, I didn't say she would actually get it.”

“Alright hold on, soon text yuh back. Me a get a call.”

“Alright text me.”

The call ended. Amber turned the car and made her rounds. She made a contract this morning and was feeling good, but she was getting tired of this job.

Amber never drove that much before this job, so she did not lie when she told her mother her driving skills improved since she got it. There was no room for improvement left though.

So she applied for a new job and the interview was tomorrow. She asked for leave to have the day free since she was going out with Solomon later in the night. 

It was time for her to move up, because this company she was working for was not moving anyway, but down.

They downsized and the person above her got fired. Amber walked in last week and saw a new supervisor, an incompetent nobody. 

Amber started to take what her fired supervisor said as truth. She was the longest sales representative they had, because she was the best they had. 

The new ones they brought in with this new batch of fresh hires would have to be trained by Amber and another one.

Like hell, she was going to train them. Amber shipped out of that hell hole. 

That was probably why they never promoted her, because they needed those contracts and everyone else sucked.