Amber's Cat Prophecy

Amber felt something in her side. She shook as she moved to the side to see Valletta over her. Amber shivered half-asleep, while a noise annoyed her. What was that buzzing? “What?” Amber asked.

“Woman get up before you're late,” Valletta said. 

Amber groaned and opened her eyes to see that the phone alarm was the infernal noise. She reached for it and turned it off. Amber sat up quickly, the sheet rolled off her. Amber's eyes wavered on Michaela rolling in bed beside her still sleeping. 

Michaela stayed over last night which Amber forgot in her groggy waking.

Actually, her body was all over the place. Michaela's right leg was slumped over Amber's and Amber wondered how she slept with this chaos beside her.  Amber's slap upside Michaela's arm left Michaela groaning loudly as she went through the process of waking up.

Valletta spoke, “Yo, me a cut still.”

Amber checked her phone. It was minutes after five. “You can leave. I have to get ready to take these children go home.”

Valletta snickered. Michaela was up now and blinked her eyes rapidly as if trying to make sure she saw the walls of Amber's room.

Valletta left the room. Amber got up and threw her top off as she entered the bathroom. After brushing her teeth, Amber exited back into her bedroom. 

Michaela slumped off the side of her bed. Amber asked, “You freshening up?”

Michaela yawned. “No, can't bother with that. Me want sleep.”

Amber said, “At least you have the day to yourself. I have to work... I want to sleep and I can't sleep.”

"Whe' you do so, fi tired?"

"I existed."

Michaela laughed. “Your man Solomon can say the same thing.”

Amber flexed her jaw as her cheeks warmed and her fingers twitched to the mention of his name. Amber widened her eyes. “Solomon is not my m-m-man He is...just a friend. A friend of mine.”

Michaela laughed. “Friend, right, sure. Him was waiting for you the whole night though.” 

Amber's cheeks flushed red. The whole night?

Michaela leaned back and chucked. “He was literally stuck to the wall watching the stairway waiting for you to come up. I swear me and Valletta was laughing about it.”

Amber blurted out snidely, “You and him get close real quick though.”

Michaela's smile faded. “What is that supposed to mean?” She turned towards Amber. “Me and him don't really talk.” 

Amber inhaled and smiled. “You kissed him though.”

Michaela made a deep scowl at Amber. “When? Is that him tell you?”

“No, I saw you.”

“Whoa, whoa, when? Th...Wait what are we talking about here?”

“You saw hugging him up, you kissed him, on his ear, I-”

Michaela laughed. Amber frowned at her. Michaela said, “That? Girl me and Valletta were trying to shake off these men who would not stop pestering us for a dance, so I called his number because I had a bet that the moment the other men saw him they would run like dog.”

Michaela laid her hand on my leg. “It was a performance darling, you can ask Valletta. I didn't kiss him. I whispered in his ears. The man them scattered as soon as them get the message. I don't want your terminator.”