Chapter One: The Beginning

I sat on the edge of my bed. My ears perked up. I heard a knock at my door. Blink. I thought, rolling my eyes. I swung the door open. Surely enough, in front of me was a blue and greenish monkey named Blink.

"Blink! What do you want?" I asked, slightly agitated.

Blink laughed. "Oh, Snowy! You're such a kidder! Just here to remind you that the best person in this orphanage is ME!" Blink said, pointing at himself and posing like a fashion model.

"Well, do you have to do that now? It's MIDNIGHT!" I whisper-yelled.

"Okay PEASANT! BOW DOWN BEFORE MY MIGHTY PRESENCE!" Blink screeched in a voice so loud, it could almost shatter glass.

"NO." I whispered. I then shut my door in his face.

I decided that I should try to go to bed. The winter cold was just going to get worse. I tossed my polka-dotted blanket over my shivering body. I turned off my lamp and went to sleep. Well, I tried to. Blink was still outside, screaming at the top of his lungs.

I grasped my headphones off my table and put them around my ears. It was better, but I could still hear Blink still screeching at me for not bowing down to him. It's better than nothing... I thought.

I was lucky to get enough sleep. I woke up. I went to the bathroom to brush my fangs. Then I put on my coat and friendship necklace. I went to the breakfast room. They were serving bacon and pancakes today. I got myself some food then sat at a table. I poked at my food a little before eating it. I was about to eat my last slices of bacon when Blink came to my table.

I finished my bacon before he could speak. I placed my plate, which was sticky from syrup, into the sink. Before I could go back to my room, he started ranting endlessly because I never bowed down to him.

I swiftly ran to my room before Blink could catch up to me. I locked my door. I pulled out my laptop so I could start my homeschool session. All of us were being homeschooled, other than Blink, who somehow convinced the staff to not give him homeschool. Don't even ask me how he managed to do that.

When I was finished with my online school, I hugged my snow leopard plushie that looks almost like me.

I was told by the staff that we will be going to normal school after Winter Break. I was pumped. They also said that they would set up a cozy homework room with computers, books, and anything else possibly needed to do homework.

I decided that I would spend the rest of the day in the gaming room. I just hoped that Blink would not be there.

I went to the gaming room. I saw Amber and Arctic, but no one else. I went to the book corner. I selected a big chapter book. I was at least 10 chapters in when I saw a greenish and blue arm slap the book from my paws

"Hey-!" I started.

"Bow down to me, peasant!" Blink screeched.

"No thanks. You don't own me or any of my friends." I said, proceeding to pick up the book.

Blink snatched it from me again, and then proceeded to mock me. "Blah! Blah! Blah!" Blink said. "Now bow to me!"

I had enough. I picked up my book and asked a staff if I could have it for a little. Once the staff said yes, I swiftly ran down the hallway, before I got to my room's door, Blink pounced on top of me. He took the book, which was now on the ground.

"This is what happens when you disobey your leader!" Blink said, sticking his tongue out and rushing down the hall.

I felt too weak to move. I finally then forced myself upward. I stretched my back. I went back on my laptop to see if I could find the book and continue reading. I could only find the chapters I already read.

I mumbled as I powered off my laptop. I turned to cuddle with my snow leopard plushie. It was not on my bed.

Oh no no no. He won't do it... right? I thought.

Just to be sure, I checked everywhere in my room.

No!

My snow leopard plushie was missing!