Chapter Two: Quest for Truth

I gritted my teeth nervously. I ran out of my room so fast that it made me dizzy. I quietly collapsed on the floor, while I waited for the room to stop spinning.

Once my dizziness faded away, I stood up and ran to the door of Blink's room.

Next to the door there was a small table almost as tall as me. I saw my snow leopard plushie on the table. It had a small note attached to it's neck.

The note read: "Take this and DIE!" in very sloppy handwriting. I crumpled the note angrily. I took the plushie off the table and stormed back to my room.

As soon as I got to my room's entrance, I saw a piece of paper sticking out of my door. I plucked out the note and read it. It was from my friend and next-door-neighbor Deerie the deer.

The note read: "Hello, Snowy. I am a little sick. Can you please bring me some soup and medicine? Thank you!"

I placed my plushie on my bed and rushed to the kitchen without another word. I saw one of the staff, whose name was Sunny, cleaning the dishes while humming an upbeat tune to herself.

"Hey, Sunny? Can I please have some soup and a bottle of medicine?" I asked. "Deerie is sick."

Sunny turned around. "Sure!"

She handed me the bowl of soup and the medicine bottle. "Thank you!" I said.

I walked out of the kitchen. I knocked on Deerie's door.

No answer.

I knocked again, a little louder this time.

Still, no answer.

I was about to give up, when I heard a click. Deerie looked like he just woke up. He had a plaid worn blanket over his back, and he had his earbuds in, with one hanging down.

"Sorry. Did I wake you up?" I asked.

"No." The blue and purple deer replied.

I handed him the two items. "I hope you feel better." I smiled as he closed his door.

Tonight was the end of an okay day. I couldn't wait to see what would happen tomorrow...