Chapter 10: Languages

Fueled by his anger and his thirst for answers, Angel started running in the direction where Ray had stalked away

Fueled by his anger and his thirst for answers, Angel started running in the direction where Ray had stalked away. The pain in his arm was growing with every passing second, but now it was masked by his blinding anger and another emotion that he was unable to decipher. He had limited energy, but he didn't care. He left his crew behind him, gaping, as he ran past them without a moment's hesitation.

Soon, her blackish-blue hair came into his view and he let out a relieved sigh. She was about to open the door to her classroom when she glanced back, and only for a second, she hesitated. That was enough for Angel, as he swooped in and grabbed her from her waist and held a hand to her mouth before she could do anything. Ray couldn't let out even a sound of surprise as he immediately took over her aura.

Angel shifted her so her face was hidden in his back as he opened the door to the classroom and found a very confused Mrs Miranda Day sitting in her seat. He looked her in the eye, ignoring all the other staring students,

"Raylene Walker is sick, so I will be taking her to the nurse room. Please don't miss us and continue." He said. Ray made an annoyed sound in his back, fortunately only audible to him as he pressed her deeper into his back. She rolled her eyes, she was so going to fail all her classes, she thought.

Without hearing Mrs Day's reply, Angel closed the door with a thump and turned around to gaze at a very angry, honey eyed Belleza. Ray was fuming and to his credit he liked it. He eyed her warily and within a second, grabbed her wrist and dragged her away from the classroom, eager to get away from all the drama.

"Oh come on!" Ray exclaimed, putting up a fight by digging her heels in the floor. She almost slapped herself for acting so lame and stupid. She could do so much worse, but her feet decided to just act like a child. Angel sighed in front of her and turned around,

"Don't make me pick you up." He said, totally serious. His eyes glinted in a way Ray didn't understand but she had enough confidence in herself.

Ray's eyes twitched in irritation and she took a step in his direction, "I'd like to see you try." she said with a scoff.

Angel eyed her warily for a second, murmured something under his breath and took a few steps in her direction. Ray let out a surprised yelp as his hands wrapped themselves around her waist and he threw her on his shoulder. She let out an annoyed sound,

"Are you kidding me?" she exclaimed, slamming her hands on his back, but as before, came to no avail. She sighed and rested her head on his shoulder blades, tired from all events. His back almost burnt from the unexpected touch and he was glad that she could not look at his flushed face.

"Is this how you treat every new girl, or am I supposed to feel special?" Ray said sceptically, sarcasm lacing her words beautifully.

"Dios, podrías ser más sarcástico." [God, could you be more sarcastic?], Angel murmured under his breath.