Chapter 36: The Stupid

Their fierce gazes remained in each other's, their red hot anger making the atmosphere dangerous and lethal to any stranger's eye

Their fierce gazes remained in each other's, their red hot anger making the atmosphere dangerous and lethal to any stranger's eye. The steel eyes gleamed with rage as its gaze, dripping with venom, promised vengeance to the infuriated and soulless honey ones. Their breaths fanned over each other's faces. Her arm was stilled on his shoulder, as his hands had wrapped themselves around her waist with ease. Just for a moment, their guards fell and the urge to lose themselves in their fantasies became prominent.

Only for a moment.

Ray pulled away from Angel with ease, her face showing no emotions. His expression hardened at her actions and he ran an infuriated hand through his chocolate hair. The ice-cold air around them whooshed like a hurricane, its presence failing to cool down the heated atmosphere around them.

Her honey eyes averted his gaze and she gritted her teeth. Without saying a word, Ray spared him no glances as she carried herself away from him, towards her house. Her light steps made no sound as she climbed her porch and opened her door silently. Angel had no idea what was going on but he was keen as hell to find out. He wasn't going to give up this time. He wasn't going to give her space or time when all she had done was use him.

His anger bubbled to the surface as the loud slam of the door echoed across the neighbourhood, causing him to flinch slightly. But he had made up his mind, and he wasn't backing down. Without hesitating, Angel walked inside her closed gates and went into her backyard. His gaze shifted and he saw his means of breaking in. Angel ground his teeth and started climbing the giant tree. He caught hold of the strongest branch and hauled himself up. His shoes, his knees, his hands scraped against its hard trunk but he didn't have time for whining.

For the first time in his messed life, he thanked his stars that he had had a crazy childhood. He had his share of crazy ventures of climbing trees and falling off them. Never in his younger years, he had thought that he'd be doing this for someone. But what did he know? He hadn't expected his life to be turned upside down. He hadn't expected his father to marry someone else. He hadn't expected his mother to-

Angel paused for a second as his thoughts came an immediate stop. He shook his head against the gust of wind and resumed his actions. This was no time to think of such memories. Angel continued climbing for a while more and finally found himself right across her small balcony. He had done this a couple of times, so this time was no different. Balancing his weight carefully on the tree branch, Angel wasted no more time and jumped. His hands caught the railing and he grunted as he pulled himself up. His feet landed softly on the wooden surface and he squared his shoulders as another gust of wind rushed past him.

He was on her balcony and he was very close to freezing to death. Without waiting to knock, Angel went down on the toes of his feet and started picked the lock. The door was open within seconds and he stepped in easily.

His ears caught the familiar sound of the gun being cocked and he sighed. Ray's still and firm hand came into his vision as she stepped beside him and placed the tip of her gun on the side of his head,