7. Bambi Eyes

A/N: long time no see! Re-read the last chapter to update yourself!

Enjoy the update! Missed y'all a lot! ❤️

3rd pov

It's a crisp fall night, with cool air flowing through the tops of trees. Princess Chaeyoung runs for her life through the forest from the torture chamber of a palace that some call home. Although she feels free, she is far from it.

Chaeyoung keeps her dress hiked up as she sprints through the forest, trying to prevent herself from tripping. She goes as fast as she can, jumping over tree roots and pushing past branches. A few branches catch her on the side of her face, causing small cuts, but she doesn't pay them any mind. She must hurry before anyone notices her escape and can catch her trail.

She had snuck through the grass and stone courtyards that were closest to the palace. After them were lines of trees.

These trees had been planted long ago to create small forests around the palace, with stone pathways separating them as well as connecting them to the rest of the grounds. Chaeyoung had already passed through two of these forests. In her mind, she can only wonder at how many more forests there are in front of her.

That thought doesn't stop her, though. Freedom is so close. If any doubt comes across in her mind, this will be taken away at any moment and she must hurry.

But doubt fills her veins.

"No," she lets out a small cry under her breath.

Voices.

Voices that we're speaking over loud hounds, barking and sniffing for any scent of her trail . They are hunting for the princess to come back, which causes worry to run through her body.

Chaeyoung knew that the king and his men would eventually become aware of her disappearance, but she hadn't expected them to notice this quickly. She also hadn't thought that the king would send so many people after her, judging by the amount of voices she hears.

Chaeyoung realizes she can't outrun all of them. She stops, looking for anywhere to hide until the group of men behind her has passed, but all she sees is trees. So, she goes for the nearest tree, climbing up it quickly and settling herself in the branches. High enough to be out of sight, but low enough to where she could see the men when they go by.