one.

My eyes opened abruptly. White light stung my eyes. The smell of eggs and pancakes flowed up the stairs and into my room. I scramble to my feet and trudge over to my dresser and pull out a long white tee shirt that ends mid thigh. I jog down the stairs and walk into the kitchen. My mother was sitting at the counter eating scrambled eggs and beside her was a plate of pancakes and scrambled eggs. I slide onto the stool and run my tongue over my lips.
"Oh Ellen, you spoil me." I say ever so politely. My mother smiles and laughs. Although it is quite curious considering I usually fend for myself in the morning. I drop my fork and look at her with all seriousness. "What's with it?" I question as gently as I can. My mother purses her lips and inhales. She looks up at me and smiles a rueful smile. She leans in and smiles wider,
"You know my friend Joy?" She asks. I don't know her friend Joy. I didn't know my mother had any friends. I nodded as I shoved another scoop of eggs into my mouth. "Well, she's been going through a rough time and I told her that her and her son could move in with us..." I froze in the middle of shoveling another thing of eggs in my mouth. Once again, I dropped my fork.
"Are you fucking kidding me!?" I yell. My mother covered her eyes with her hands
and groaned.
"Wednesday listen, we have a huge house and we are the only two living here. We have more than enough room for two other people." My mother pleaded. I sighed and finished my breakfast.
"When do they move in?" I ask angrily. My mother inhales heavily.
"Tonight." She murmured. I close my eyes and turn toward the stairs. I walk away from my mother and up the stairs. I begin running up the stairs. Blood heats up my face and the rest of me. I rush into the bathroom and turn on the shower. I quickly pull off my clothes and look at myself in the mirror. My eyeliner is smudged and fucked up from the events of this morning and I look like I'm hungover. I stumble my way into the shower and shower of course.
After I get out of the shower I put my huge white tee shirt back on and fall back asleep.

.

.

.

I hope this isn't actually as bad ask think it is. It will get better I swear.
-Liv