Welcome to Hell

I woke up from my "nap" at 6:30, what's a better way to get up then a 13 dollar alarm clock screaming at you. My mom should've left for work or should be on her way out now. I sat up on the creaky bed and started to gather my thoughts, first days of school is always weird and uncomfortable no matter how long you've been going.

         Getting myself together was probably going to be the easiest part of my day, not to mention I have to come back home to the evil prude. I know I should respect my mother, but its just so hard to do when I know she hates me. I can't remember a time where my mother and I got along. My feet are on over drive when walking to that horrid bus stop. I wish I was like the other kids my age who had cars and curfews. Mother always said nothing but trouble happens once the street lights turn on, for the longest I believed her too. Everything was moving so fast, one minute I'm standing at the bus stop, next I'm sitting in dirty old desk while the teens around me gossip about the juicy things I missed out on over summer.

  " Did you hear about Samantha R.? "

" Yeah I heard she had like 15 pregnancy scares in just the month of July."

" Well I heard...." 

Soon I started to to zone them out and all their words turn into one big jumble of a hot mess. This is the part that you see in those cheesy Netflix movies, Diana walked in looking like the Devil in broad day light. No one seemed to notice her but me, they were all to worried about Samantha and her 15 cars or whatever they were talking about. Diana stood at Ms. Jaqs desk talking, I couldn't hear what they were saying but I had a clue, the whole " Hey I'm Diana and I'm just here to seduce this poor girl, thanks." I look up to Diana throwing her head back in a fit of laughter. I've never gotten the chance to see how beautiful she looks when she laughs" Cassie! Could you come her for a moment please?" Mr. Jaqs motions me over to her desk. 

" Diana this is Cassie one of my best students, Cassie this is Diana, you'll be showing her around this week." I turned to look at Diana, her lean body towered over me. She wore a thin, white button up shirt, with a pair of black skinny's. She looked lovely. Diana held her hand out, I was confused to say the least but I took her hand anyway.

" Nice to meet you Cassie." Diana firmly shook my hand with a snarky wink.

" The pleasure is all mine Diana."

" Well now that you both have been antiquated you can take a seat."

Diana and I shuffled our way through the isle filled with chatty teens. We found two seats in the back corner of the classroom. " It's great to see a familiar face. Especially if it' s pretty." I can't seem to not blush around her.

" Do you always flirt like this new girl?" She didn't even answer me, but instead just smiled.

"I'm to sure why I feel so connected to you Cassie." Well I'm glad I'm not the only one, I just know I can't act out on these feelings. Well at least while I'm living with my crazy religious mom. Soon enough class started and before I knew it lunch showed.

     If I thought the classroom was a disaster this was on a whole new level that I still haven't become accustom to. I looked around to see I could spot a free lunch table. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful so made my way to my old stand by, The only place where I could call my own.                     The weather was just right with a light breeze. I got comfortable under the big oak tree. I had been eating lunch here since my freshmen year. I don't know why I thought this year would be any different. Something was different out here though, and that was the wicked stench of cigarette smoke.

" Hello?" I looked around to see if I could see anybody. Nothing.

" Wow, you look beautiful." Diana walked down from the bleachers a couple feet away. Jeez I really need to start wearing my glasses again. She threw the lit bud on the ground before stepping on it. This just reminded me of the first time we met.