TEN

"Mommy, look at this place!" Leo screamed with excitement in his voice and the sparkling in his eyes as we finally arrived at Lake Tahoe.

It was almost an eight-hour drive from Long Beach to get here, and we took two rest spots. Leo slept throughout the ride, but once on the road, he would watch movies on the phone or play friendly card games with his Uncle Ares. Always beat him in every game.

I follow Leo walking to the other side of the house and stop to admire the beautiful nature view.

I've never seen such a fantastic sight. It's my first time camping. I never got the chance to experience it back in London. I've always wanted to take an adventure like this without any stress and fancy parties buying each dress for each occasion. I get frustrated and tired of dressing up.

"Mommy, look! A large lake!"

I approach my son and back hug him looking in the same direction at the lake. "It's beautiful."

"Seth said we can go swimming later."

"Is it safe?"

"Yeah, it looks safe. Plus, this place is owned by Papa Odin."

Looking at the lake, it does seem safe to swim. Knowing we will be staying at one of Odin's vacation homes, there isn't anything to worry about.

"Hey, you two want to check out the inside? It's amazing," Effie called out with Lily by her side.

"Sure! Mommy, let's look and pick out rooms." Leo ran past me towards the two girls, and they both took each of his hands to walk back inside. I follow in pursuit with a smile on my face.

After an hour of looking around the house, we finally set each couple in a room. There are eight bedrooms and seven baths. Leo and I share a room with bunk beds. Leo has the time, and I got the bottom. Rex and Thea, Logan, and Effie took the king-size bed for the couples. Liam and Lily took the rooms with a queen size bed. Everyone else took rooms with queen size beds for themselves.

Before assigning beds to everyone, I had observed the whole house, and I felt cozy and at home living here with nature. This house is a luxury vacation over three-forth of an acre of flat property with lots of privacy next to the lake. It offers a setting outlook of an expensive view of the meadow, which leads right to the lake as well and can be viewed on your own private 7-person hot tub. The views of the meadow, river, or mountains can be seen from the endless windows in all the rooms or outside on the large lawn or wrap-around porch. This lot can also be for fishing, rafting, hiking, and bike trails outside your back door.

Odin owns this 3200 square feet home. Offers beautiful amenities beginning with the gourmet kitchen with hickory cabinetry, granite countertops, and all stainless steel appliances, including a double oven for those large family gatherings. It has lots of cookware and utensils. It has two sinks and a breakfast bar, and there is enough dinnerware, glassware, barware, and silverware for more than enough people. The dining room seats eight at the main table and offers two extra tables for seating for more people.

Everything is peaceful and quiet. I always wanted to live in a place like this here. No nagging mother, bratty friends who compete with each other with the expensive brand, and no fancy parties with painful heels.

If ever I get my life straight and leave Eddie for good, I would think of living peacefully.

"It sucks that Zara, Rambo, and JJ can't come with us. They would like playing in the front yard." Leo says, lying on the floor with the dinosaur toys he brought.

"They are still young to travel so far. So they had to stay with their grandparents. Maybe when they are your age next time, they will come and play with you." I say as I fold clothes and put them in the dresser. I have to do Leo's clothes next.

Leo sigh.

"Okay, my little man. Rex and Seth are out shopping with Thea. Effie, Lily, and I will cook for tonight's dinner. Do you want to help?"

"It's okay." I watch my son turn on his back. "I'm just going to lie here and think of something to play."

"Your Uncle Ares brought his PlayStation."

Leo springs up with glee. "Oh yeah!" He starts to dash out the door calling his uncle. "Uncle Ares, can we play that zombie game you have."

"Sure

"Wait, Leo, that's not-" I sigh once Leo is gone. I shake my head. "Not for kids."

He has been playing that game with Ares. It's a bad influence, and I worried Leo might have nightmares.

Oh well.

I continue my clothes and start with Leo's clothes. We are staying here for two weeks, and I need to count and memorize everything before we leave. I spot Don outside the back patio as I'm halfway with Leo's pajamas. I put the clothes on the bed and walk towards the glass sliding door. Don is standing, throwing rocks at the lake. He isn't alone; Logan and Liam are with him as if they are talking about something. They laugh and talk some more.

I was struck with a trance the moment my eyes laid on Don.

Don's muscular figure, I can't help but look away. He's so mesmerizing. I never felt like this with Eddie. Don and Eddie have different auras in a way I can't explain. All I know is Don isn't Eddie. I know he wouldn't hurt me. Don is bigger and stronger than Eddie, and I should be afraid, but I'm not. I couldn't hear what, but as I placed my head Don caught me by surprise, making me jump back and hide.

I hold my chest with a beating heart. How can someone like Don makes my heart beat this much? Eddie didn't give me that impact when I first met him. I thought Eddie was nice at first and romantic, but all those were just an act. He's the complete opposite. When I was with Eddie, I was in love but not in love with him. My parents approved him, and so I stayed with him to increase our relationship but nothing.

Although Eddie showered me with his love, I couldn't cope with the same feeling as him. I thought being with him for six years, I could see when Leo was born, but everything has gotten worse.

"CJ! Come to the kitchen!" Hearing Thea call out to me.

"I'll be right there!" I let out a breath and calmed my heart. I have to stop this madness of thinking of that bastard Eddie when Don is here.

Ha, what do I think about Don's concern about Eddie?

It's my business, not his.

To this day, I will never fall in love until I can settle myself peacefully.