Chapter 1

I felt the tiny drops of sweat running down my back and my face as I worked out in the make-shift gym room that I had organized. This room was more used than my actual bedroom, that being the fact that I only focused on training and being the strongest possible femme wolf.

   I wasn't always like this. I used to be a spoiled teenage girl with nothing to worry about but boys, grades, and my outfit for the next day. I used to be all bubbly and happy jumping around with my friends gossiping and shopping. I used to be your typical teenager, up until the day my world came crashing down around me and I was kicked out of my pack. My so called 'friends' didn't say anything at all that day, but I don't feel like getting into that right now.

   I forced myself to stop thinking about the past, too much pain. Instead, I start wondering when my roomate Joshua would come home. We were more than roomates though, he was my mentor, my best friend, my everything. He taught me everything about surviving as rouge. He's always been there for me, and he was the only person, were, or animal that I trusted.

   As if my thoughts had summoned him, Joshua appeared by my door, looking as casual as ever. He was wearing a pair of loose fitting black jeans that hung loosely off his hips.

   "What is it Joshua?" I asked, noticing the look on his usually hard yet determined face.

   He walked in -without being invited mind you- and plopped himself on my bed.

   "I have some bad news," he said, he ran his fingers through his head.

   I looked up at him from my place on the floor by the bed, only to see he was watching my face very carefully. I gave a nod of my head signaling for him to continue speaking. He seemed to choose his words very carefully.

   "The elders have a new law in place" he said slowly.

   "They say all wolves-rouge and pack wolves alike- have to attend the nearest school for wolves to train," He informed me, trying to figure out what my reaction was going to be.

   I'm pretty sure I did what any other person in my position would do. I threw a tantrum. Not a small one mind you, but a huge I-destroyed-my -whole-room-and-my-bed-is-in-splinters kind of tantrum. I hadn't realized how much damage I'd actually done until I was calm again, but it was a really big mess.