Chapter Eight ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇsFADE INTO YOU

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇs
FADE INTO YOU

"I'M A VAMPIRE," ELENA said with a straight face, as Caroline and Aria watched her. Aria pursed her lips, tilting her head. "I don't know. Maybe a little less emphasis on a vampire." Caroline said.

"I'm... a vampire. I mean, there's only so many ways you can say it." "That is a fact," Aria said. "Well, maybe Liam will go digging into Lady Whitemore's miraculous recovery, and you won't have to come clean." "I still have to meet this Liam dude," Aria said, grinning a little.

"I mean, face to face and tell him he better treat you right or else." Elena gave her a look. "Or he'll keep on digging, realizing that I force-fed her my vampire blood, and then just bail." "You know that you can just compel him, right?" Aria said, raising an eyebrow. "So lie, and lie, and lie again." "Ok, if you want to tell him the truth, we, I support you 100%. But if you're rushing into this to escape some conflicted feelings over a certain ex who just came back into your life, then I suggest you just keep your fangs to yourself." Aria bit her lip, looking down.

She looked down at her black dress, and sighed.

"Jo," Elena said, when Jo enters. "Hi." She said, with a small smile. So this was Alaric's girl.... don't be jealous. Do not be jealous. She's very pretty. She's really pretty, actually. "Where's Alaric?" Elena asked her. "Don't kill the messenger. Something about an impromptu guys' weekend." Aria raised her eyebrows. She put a smile on her face afterwards.

"Hi, I'm Aria. We haven't officially met." Jo looked at the girl and smiled. "Hi, Jo. Nice to meet you."

"Wow, your hands are so soft." Aria said, when they shook hands. Elena cleared her throat. "Sorry, I uh... haven't seen anyone for a few- nevermind. I'm sorry. I'm being weird. I'm a weirdo. Haha, I'm just... I'm gonna go get a drink. Excuse me." Aria pursed her lips, and ran to the kitchen to take a swig of alcohol.

"Fuck my life." She sighed. Before taking another swig, she said, "To you, Bonnie. I miss you." The alcohol burned her throat, and she decided to go back to the others.

-

"Where do you want the stuffing?" Liv asked, when Tyler and her walked in the room. Aria smiled brightly when she saw Tyler, but sent a glare to Liv.

"Aria," he said, pulling her in a hug. "Hey, Ty," Aria said, smiling. "You're back," he said, as they hugged.

"I am, but..." "I know, I heard. I'm sorry." He pulled away. "It's okay. She's going to find a way out, I know she is." "I'll take that. Hi... I'm Jo. You look... have we met before?" "Liv, and no, but you're dating my Occult Studies professor, which I guess somehow earned you an invite for thanksgiving dinner." Says the girl who almost killed us. Aria's heart clenched in her chest. It was weird to think of Ric dating someone else. It was always her and him. Forever. Or so, that's what she thought. "Nice to meet you, too."