Chapter Sixteen ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇs
THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL

"IT'S LIKE SHE'S NEVER lived here," Aria said on the phone with Stefan. He brought her back to Whitemore's once he found her with a broken neck.

She wasn't returning his calls, and he knew that something was wrong. Elena and Aria were in the dorm room, as it was empty since Caroline turned off her humanity. She sighed, looking at her bed.

"Have you been to her house yet?" Aria asked, looking in a drawer. Empty. All gone. She stood up, turning to face Elena. "Totally empty. Caroline took everything but the damn doors off the hinges." "I really appreciate you being there, Stefan. I love you."

Elena glanced at Aria with a small smile on her face.

"I love you, too." "I still don't get it, though. Where the hell did she go?" "Do you think that she's trying to cut off all ties from her past?" Elena asked. "I certainly don't think she's having a yard sale, Elena."

Aria shrugged. "I mean, it's Caroline. You never know." "Elena and I will look around campus today. Maybe someone else has seen her but just let me know if you find anything else, ok?" "Alright. I will. Bye." "Bye," Aria whispered. "Bye, see you soon."

"See you soon." Aria smiled a little. Aria hung up the phone, and turned to Elena. "Okay, let's start. Where would she go first?" Aria asked, folding her arms. "I have no-" "Looks like you girls could use a friend." A familiar voice said in the doorway. Aria turned around with widened eyes, seeing Bonnie standing there. "Bonnie!" Aria yelled. "Oh, my god," Elena gasped, running over to her best friend. "Bonnie, Jesus Christ." Aria engulfed her in a hug. "This is the best thing that's happened to me all week. Besides Caroline breaking my neck."

"How? H... how are you? How are you here?" Elena asked her, stunned. "Alive? I'd think I would be used to this part now." "Oh, my god. Bonnie." Aria pulled her in another hug, and never wanted to let her go.

She was finally back.

-

Elena takes out a bottle of champagne as Bonnie goes through her drawers, pulling out old clothes.

Aria could not believe that she was back. She texted Stefan and told him she was, he was beyond happy.

"My not flannel blouse, my not flannel T-shirts, and ohh... ohh, I really missed my not flannel V-neck."

Aria laughed. "I may or may not have borrowed that one day." Bonnie gave her a look. Aria put her hands in surrender. "I spilt coffee on my shirt and I had nothing else to wear." She smiled. "I forgive you."

Aria laughed, throwing her head back. "I'll buy you some new clothes." "Suck it, 1994." Elena pops open a bottle of champagne, which causes Bonnie and Aria to jump. "Whew! Ha! So Aria and I bought this bottle of champagne," she pours three glasses. "The same day that Damon, Aria, and I were gonna rescue you, but obviously, we didn't, so we couldn't drink it. So this is to you." Elena takes a toast. "You were stuck there all by yourself while we were back here, living our lives. And this is the worst toast ever." Elena frowned. Aria tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm back home. That's all that matters." The three girls smile, and did cheers. Aria drank her champagne back in seconds. It's been a few weeks since she has last had alcohol; surprisingly, I know.