Chapter 11

Third POV

Harekaze, Y/N, Takao and Maya are threw anchor in the middle of a mine field. While harekaze's damage control crew are fixing the ship, Y/N volunteer to clear out the mines.

Y/N is standing on top of the mast, his Holo screen connected to Harekaze.

boom boom boom boom

Y/N: seriously! Who put this many mines in one place anyway??

His secondaries relentlessly firing at every mines visible.

Y/N: I wonder how long they have lingering in these waters.

Kouko: well, after looking at the mines type I think they are dating back from about 15 years ago.

Y/N: why did they need this many mines?

Kouko: it's seems there's an armored fleet Marauded Japanese sea territories, these naval mines are one of counter measure against them.

Y/N: what happened to the fleet?

Kouko: the blue mermaids and the navy managed to wiped them out, it was a costly battle but in the end they were victorious.

Y/N: how many were killed?

Kouko: well, no official report of the casualties but it costs us five destroyer being sunk, 3 heavy cruiser and 2 battleship crippled.

Y/N: sounds like a huge loss.

Kouko: well it could be worse, but thanks to Principal Munetani leadership, the loss could be minimalized.

Y/N: principal Munetani? Shirou's mother?

Kouko: (nod)

Y/N: welp no wonder she wanted to prove herself so badly.

Kouko: (chuckle) yes

Takao: it seems like it's their version of our world great naval war

Y/N: t-takao!?! How did you...

Takao: you forget to change the from open channel to direct channel.

Y/N: that's explain it

Kouko: wait you said great naval war?

Y/N: well, the summarized version was it's Around December of 2038 a "ghost warships" went on the offensive and began attacking human naval forces all over the world. By 2039, humanity had lost all of its battles against this new threat, which was now referred to as the "Fleet of Fog". The human vessels that had survived thus far were all brought together and a great multinational fleet was formed. This eventually led to what became known as the "Great Naval Battle". The battle lasted for two days and humans lost 70% of what remained from their fleets and suffered over 600,000 causalities.

Kouko look nervous

Kouko: did you...

Y/N: (sigh) no, I don't participate in that bloody battle.

Kouko: why?

Y/N: let just say..... I wasn't born when the war occurred.

Kouko: owh...

Booom

An explosion was heard followed by a huge splash of water from the starboard side.

Y/N: (chuckle) well, looks like I hit an underwater mine.

Kouko: sorry for troubling you with our problems.

Y/N: nah, it's okay. Anyway, do you girls see Maya? She's been silent since this morning.