1: The news

I was sitting on my front porch, doing my homework when my phone rang. I new it was my best friend from the Taylor swift ring tone.
"Hey Dylan" I answered.
I heard her sobbing on the other end so I said,"meet me at the pier."

The pier is only five minutes from my house so it didn't take me long to arrive. When I got there I already saw Dylan sitting at the end of the pier,our favorite spot.

As I sat down next to her with our feet hanging off I could see that her face was red and tears in her eyes.
With a soft voice I asked,"whats wrong?"
"M my parents.. sob.. are getting divorced."
The wind blu in my brunet and her blond hair as I said,"Im so sorry". I put my arm around her letting her cry on my shoulder.
After awhile I said,"hey my mom wants me home but you can sleepover if you want?" "Thanks but I should probably talk to my parents" she told me with a slight smile on her face. I hugged her and she said,"bye Emily" as we walked off.

When I got to my house my four dogs greeted me. My mom said,"I ordered pizza so help yourself."

I ate a whole box of pizza when my mom said she had to tell me something. I sat up on the couch and paused the movie I was watching. "Emily, my friend Katie and her husband our going on a work trip this Christmas so her son Luke will be staying with us." my mom said. I didn't know really what to say because I'm so used to having Christmas with myself because my mom is always working and my dad passed alway when I was five.
I just said,"that will be fun" and went upstairs.