Chapter 33

Arriving at school felt a little bit sentimental for Skyler. Sure it wasn't long since he had been in school and got attacked by the tentacles, but it had been a long time since he was there and attended class.

When he entered the school building, he noticed that the other students were looking at him, whispering to each other. So Skyler had finally gotten seen. He didn't like it, though. As an introvert, Skyler preferred to remain a nobody. He tried to ignore it and went straight to his classroom, but the blond boy didn't get far when the hallway suddenly was filled with loud shouting, and Skyler felt someone hugging his back. Skyler knew in an instant who it was that small body could only belong to one person. He looked over his shoulder and turned his gaze down, smiling as he saw the wide grin on the short, black-haired girl.

"Finally, you're back!" Nasrin squealed, delighted.

He saw Danny and Josh approaching and patted Nasrin tenderly on the top of her head.

"Hi Nasrin," he said.

"My man!" Danny had a huge smile on his face, and he pulled Skyler into a big hug, Nasrin still clinging to the blond boys back.

Josh joined in, and there in the busy hallway they stood, all four embracing each other.

'Well, perhaps it isn't so bad not being a complete loner,' Skyler thought to himself and felt all warm inside.

Skyler noticed Grayson and Sergio in the corner of his eyes, and they were smirking. Happy that their boy had close friends.

"Glad you're back," Josh said and was the first to let go.

The others followed, and they all looked at Skyler with concern in their eyes.

"How are you feeling?" Nasrin asked, and Skyler shrugged.

"Still a bit overwhelmed. But it feels good being back at school. How's everything going?"

As they walked towards the second floor, his bandmates told him about the work with the Christmas show, that everything progressed slowly.

"Sam is back, and he's acting really weird!"

Skyler flinched when he heard the name of his former bully and looked at Danny.

"Weird how?"

"Well, he has stopped being a complete asshole. Jack doesn't even hang around him anymore, but Tyler and Chris still are, and they have also calmed down."

Skyler didn't say anything, but he smiled a little. That was great, he didn't have to worry about Sam treating him like shit anymore, and he was glad, Sam hadn't seemed like a complete jackass.

"How are you managing to live alone?" Josh asked when they got up to the second floor.

They all looked with concern and sympathy at the tallest boy. Skyler felt a hand grabbing on to his and glanced down. Grayson was trying to comfort him.

"I moved yesterday," he replied.

"What? Where?" The others shouted in surprise.

"By the university, I have an apartment there."

"Nice! I can't wait until I get my own apartment," Danny said.

"Well, I plan on moving out as soon as possible. Are you going to live together at some point?" The brown-haired boy asked the couple and started walking towards their classrooms.

Skyler exhaled, grateful that Danny had changed the subject. He didn't want to talk about the things that had happened to him. It was far too complicated and still disturbing.