7: Evidence

I stood in the kitchen washing my dish and putting it away. Then I heard my dad talking to Jungkook.
"How long have you known my daughter?"
"Not for so long, sir"
"She means the world to me. And I feel like I can share her with you"
I look over and my dad takes out his wallet and takes out my mother's wedding ring.
"If you ever find the right time, please propose to her. She means everything to me. Take care of her when I am at my dying breath. Take care of her when I can't"
Oh my God, I just met this man. For not even a week and my father wants him to propose?! My first boyfriend, my dad hated him. He wanted him to get as far away from him as he could. So I broke things off since I'm a daddy's girl. I listened again trying not to get caught.
"Sir, I absolutely love your daughter. But I feel like I need to get to know her more first. She means just as much to me as she means to you"
Jungkook is a people pleaser? Who would've known?
"How long have you been dating my daughter exactly?"
Damn it, here it goes. We're caught.
"A year, sir"
"Is it alright to call Y/n in here?"
"Yes"
"Baby girl?"
I got out of the kitchen and I stood there in front of them with my arms holding my purse.
"Yes, dad?"
"Come have a seat"
He gestures to the couch. Me and Jungkook sit holding hands and my dad sits in front of us.
"Y/n, I don't have much time anymore. You're in your 20's and you forgot when your mother and I had you, we were in our 30's. Please don't make the same mistake. I love you, but..."
My dad takes off his wedding ring and places in my hand then put his hand on mine.
"I feel like he needs love you more"
I feel my eyes tear up.
"Dad?-"
"Y/n, please"
My dad pleaded. He always wanted me to fall in love with the right guy. But Jungkook is a devil. He just came with me as a companion. Now he's a dream son-in-law to my Christian father? That doesn't make sense. Am I supposed to marry this man? We just met. I really want to impress my father.
I look at jungkook and smile.
"Are we ready for this?"
He looks at me and smiles.
"Well are we?"
"I-"