11. Hills burn in California

We said our goodbyes and drove back to Y/n's house. I drove this time.
I glanced at her and she was on her phone.
"Hey, um..."
She raised her eyebrows but kept her eyes on her phone.
"Yeah? What's up?"
I'm felt nervous. I felt as if there was a lump in my throat.
"You could've told me that you didn't believe in sex before marriage. I would've backed off"
She practically threw her phone in her lap and looked up at me in shock.
"How did you know?!"
I looked at her.
"You didn't want to tell me?!"
"We literally met in hell. What was I supposed to say "oh yeah, I am guilty of adultery but I'm a virgin" I wanted to tell you but.."
I looked back at the road.
"So you being an atheist is a lie?"
"How did you think I wound up in hell. I obviously wasn't because atheists don't believe there is a Satan, God, heaven, or a hell"
"Oooh...."
Normal POV
I crossed my arms and looked out the window.
"Y/n, you shouldn't be the one who's mad? It really should be me but I'm being mature about it"
"What and I'm not?"
"I didn't say that''
"It's sure sounded like it.."
He got more angry with me.
"WELL LYING AND KEEPING SECRETS ISNT VERY MATURE ISN'T IT?!"
I looked at him and felt scared. I felt tears form in my eyes.
"I-I didn't mean to yell...I'm sorry.."
I kept silent and kept looking out my window away from him.
His hand tried to reach mine but I pulled away from him.
"It's not. I know. You just felt proud about what you did and it made my confidence rise a little bit. And I didn't want you to know I was a christan is because....that hurts you...."
"Y/n no it doesn't-"
"Look at your hand"
He looked at his hand and it was all burned to a second degree.
"It got worse when we got to my uncle's house. I first noticed it when we were at my dad's..."
"Y/n, I'm so sorry..."
"No, I should've told you that I noticed it sooner. It hurts me seeing you hurt"
"Why? Out of your mental health and your physical health, why would you worry about me?"
I turned around.
"Because I love you! I don't want to lose you! I have never cared about anyone like I care about you. You are the most important thing in this miserable world to me. I-I can't l-live without you..."
"Y/n..."
"I have spent so little time with you but I feel like you're the one I'm meant to be with. I don't know what I'd do"
He looked at me and smiled but then immediately looked back at the road.
"Let's finish this conversation at home. I'll give you time to think a little bit"
I put my arm against the door and rested my head there.
"I love you too. I've never felt this way about a girl before. You are important to me. More than you know"
I smiled a little bit.
After a short drive we arrived at home.
I sat down on the couch while Jungkook stood up and kept passing back and forth, thinking. Thinking of what to say.
I just blurted out words without thinking.
"What are we doing?"
He looked at me and smiled a little.
"We're going to figure out a way for you to kept worshipping what you believe in. And find out how to keep me okay and alive'