Chapter 17

It had been three days since Serena got stuck in detention with the raven-haired boy. She was relived that nothing bad had happened today and the only explanation was that Ash wasn't there. He wasn't in the S-class room that morning or in any of her classes. She suddenly felt as though she was missing him.

"Where is he?" Serena accidentally said aloud. Wondering if anyone heard she looked around. To her dismay Mallow was grinning at her.

"Who Ash?" Mallow asked emphasizing Ash loudly. Crap she did hear. Serena didn't answer. "Well actually I don't know, but I could give you his phone number..." Mallow said.

"Sure, but only because we have a history project that's due in three days so we need to get it done." Serena said. 

"But you know if you ever wanna talk to him other than school..." Mallow mischievously grinned. 

"Shut up!" Serena said hiding a blush. She didn't like the raven-haired boy. At least she didn't like him like that, only as a friend.

Although ten miles away Ash was back at the train station. Talking to his brother. 

"You know Ash there is someone I want you to meet." Red said staring at his brother who he hadn't seen for over five years.

"Who is it?" Ash said his eyes showing interest.

"Actually it's not someone, it's actually two people." Red said hiding a grin.

"You mean-" Ash said shocked.

"Have a look for yourself they are just coming off the train right now." 

Ash's eyes flickered over to the incoming train in front of them. There stepped off Delia Ketchum and Leaf Ketchum.

"No way!" Ash said tears in his eyes. "Mom! Leaf! Your really here!" He ran over and hugged the two of them who also had tears in their eyes. 

"I'm sorry Ash, I haven't been able to come and see you all this time!" Delia cried.

"It's ok mom, after all we are all here together once again." Ash said.

"Ash have you matured?" Leaf teased him.

"Maybe a little." Ash flashed his famous grin. "Wait does this mean you're staying?" Gesturing over to their bags.

Delia smiled. "Yes Ash, we are back together again as a family." She said happily, "Now let's all go home!" 

The next day Ash was back at school smiling more often than before. Gary was the first to notice this as he sat down at the their usual table during lunch.

"Woah, woah, woah, did Mr. Ketchum get a girlfriend or something?" Gary asked.

"Nope..." Ash said still smiling.

"Did the teachers decide not to fail you?" Barry asked. And everyone laughed including Ash. Everyone there knew Ash was the smartest guy in the school.

"Actually, my mom, brother, and sister came back home yesterday." Ash said.

"But I thought you said they died?" Drew said. And they all nodded in agreement.

"Apparently they escaped and went into hiding until we defeated Giovanni two years ago." Ash smiled.

"Ohhhhhhh.. makes sense..." Paul nodded.

"Well that's great for you Ash!" Trip said.

"Thanks, it's really been a long time since I've seen them so don't be surprised if I'm not at school the next couple of days." Ash said.

"I get it, go spend time with your family." Gary said. "I'll tell Grandpa to excuse you ok?" 

"That would be great. Thanks!" Ash said as the bell rang.

Ash grabbed all of his books and headed over to history class. Serena was already sitting there at their table. 

"Yo," Ash said as he slid into the seat next to her. 

"Hi," Serena said smiling. "Where were you yesterday?"

"I had to do something..." Ash said still smiling. Before Serena could ask what that was Professor Sycamore began class. 

"Alright listen up kids, don't forget the project that is due in now two days. I've already assigned both what you are doing and who your partner is. Now I was gonna be Mr. Nice Guy and let you work on it in class, but since not everyone was here yesterday we instead will have a lecture." The professor said, making everyone turn to Ash and glare at him. All he did was grin sheepishly.

"Hey Serena," Ash whispered.

"What?" Serena whispered back.

"What is the project this is the first I've heard of it." 

Serena sweat dropped. "That's because you were asleep while he told us about it." She answered him.

"Oh, well did you catch who's my partner?" 

Serena sighed. "It's me." She answered.

"Great!" Ash answered. "Because I really need you to do this project for me, I'm gonna be gone the next couple of days and I thought I had to bribe my partner, but since it's you I know you'll back me up." He smiled.

"But- wait what if I can't do it by myself? Where are you going anyways? What do you mean I'll back you up?" Serena sputtered.

"Serena, please I really need you to do this right now." Ash plead.

"Fine, but it's gonna cost you a price." She smiled.

Ash grinned, he knew she wouldn't say no. "Fineeeeeee, what do you want?"

"You are going to have to hang out with me and the rest of the girls and do whatever we want." She smiled.

"WHAT?!" Ash screamed. 

The professor stopped his lecture. "ASH KETCHUM!!!! NO YELLING IN MY CLASS!!! DETENTION FOR YOU!!!!" The professor yelled breaking his own rule.

Ash groaned. When the professor turned away Ash spoke again to Serena. "Doesn't sound a little to harsh?" 

"How is this exactly harsh?" Serena said.

"You know Mallow and the rest of them can go overboard if they go to too many stores, and it just sounds sooooo boring." Ash moaned.

"Well it's deal or no deal." Serena smiled as she put out her hand.

"Ugh... fine..." Ash said and shook her hand.

Serena then flashed a megawatt smile that almost made Ash blush right then and there. Soon after the bell rang and Ash went to detention...

Well guys another chapter is done. Coronavirus closed my school sooooooo I'll be posting a lot more chapters than normally. Don't forget to vote and comment to post weekly chapters and yeah. Let me know if you liked this... Amourshipping soon coming... Love you all!!!