Chapter Two

The next day, I took a miniature map of Derry from Ben's bedroom. It turns out Pebble Drive was only three streets down from mine. I guess that's a perk of living in a small town; everywhere is so close.

"Hey, (Y/N), wanna go to the Library?" Ben asked as I was putting my shoes on. I stood up to face him.

"I would, Benny Boy, but I, uh, actually got invited to hang out with a few kids from school." I told him. His face seemed to drop a bit when I said this.

"Oh... who?" He asked.

"Just some kids... y'know the ones who get referred to as the Losers?" I asked him. He nodded. "I'm gonna hang out with them. Speaking of which, here's your map back. I kind of took it to find an address." I told him as I handed back the folded map.

"So you're gonna be hanging out with a bunch of teenage boys?" He asked me as he crossed his arms. I smirked at his over protectiveness.

"Yeah, but you've got no reason to worry. They're pretty chill," I told him. I then glanced up at the clock on the wall. 10:53AM. "I've actually gotta go. I'll be back later, okay? Give mom a hug for me." I said.

"Uhm, okay... See you, (Y/N)." He said as I walked out the door. I grabbed my bike from the garage, and headed down the street. I took my sweet time getting there. I went past a few streets before turning down Pebble Drive. As I approached the nearing house, I saw Eddie and Bill, and then Richie was just now pulling into the driveway.

"Heya, strangers!" I greeted them. "Where's Stan?" I asked them as I parked my bike. Bill was about to stutter out a response, but Rich the Bitch cut him off.

"You worried about your boyfriend, (Y/N)?" Richie teased. I raised an eyebrow.

"It was just a simple question, my dude." I stated as I walked towards the trio.

"S-S-Stan's just a little l-late." Bill told me. I nodded at him in a way of understanding. We were about to walk into Eddie's house before he stopped me.

"My mom will freak out if I bring a girl inside. Could you wait out here?" He asked me. I raised an eyebrow at him. Seriously? it asked.

"Uh, sure. Yeah." I said as I took a step back. The three entered the house. I just kind of awkwardly stood outside the structure, waiting. After a few moments, I saw something out the corner of my eye. I turned to see Stan coming up the street on his bike.

"Oh, you actually came..." he said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Uh, what's that supposed to mean?" I asked as I added a smile at the end to seem like I wasn't offended. His eyebrows shot up, and he looked at me.

"I didn't mean anything bad by that! I just meant that a lot of people think we're... weird, so I just assumed you'd blow us off." He rambled. I guess I kind of got what he was trying to say.

"Hey, I get it. But who cares if you're weird? Everyone is in some way." I tried to reassure him. After that awkward little moment, we just kind of sat in a comfortable silence.

"You want one from me too, Mrs. K?" I heard Richie ask through the screen door, from which I then heard numerous protests from Eddie.

"Sorry, mommy!" Eddie called out into the house before closing the door. He then proceeded to hit Richie in the arm.

"Oh. Hey, Stan the Man," Richie greeted the Jewish boy. "Turns our we're heading to the sewers, instead." He told us.

"What, why?" I asked. The quartet seemed to exchange glances with one another.

"Oh, no reason." Richie replied. Hmm. Coolio. I'm probably gonna get murdered by these children. I was about to decline going, but then  I realized this was my only chance to make friends. We got on our bikes, and began riding away from the house. We rode past the Library as Bill yelled Hi-Ho Silver, AWAAAAY.