Vanish

(pls read the note at the end)

CHAPTER 16: Vanish

"Mark we need to talk"

He sat in front of the mirror unable to bring himself to look at the torn girl, he felt her eyes pierce into him, but refused to loot at her, he already got a glance of her bloodshot eyes, pale skin, and under-eye bags and her hair messy, sticking out in every direction. It's not like the girl wanted him to see her like this, but she couldn't bring herself to freshen up, especially knowing she would have a hard time telling Mark the truth.   

"Mark, what I am about to tell you, won't be easy to take, so please don't get mad at me for telling you before, its not easy for me as well"

Her words made Marks knees weak but regardless he nodded, trying his best to ignore the gut feeling he had

"I think you've noticed the cracks at the bottom of this mirror?" 

she asked, her voice to subtle that it could break any second, Mark opened his mouth but chose to nod instead as he couldn't find the correct words neither answer with a simple 'yes' with that Launa continued 

"These cracks will keep growing until it reaches the top once I do-" 

she couldn't talk, she found breathing hard making the latter confused and worried

"Launa you don't have to tell-"

he was cut off by Launa who aggressively replied

"I need to tell you Mark!"

the boy pressed his lips not understanding the wrecked girl in front of her who continuously gasped for air 

"ok fine take your time I don't mind, but please get some water"

the stubborn girl shook her head, but she finally stood up and continued 

"Once it reaches the top, I will vanish"

"WHAT?!"

"Mark please clam down Lo-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN VANISH?!"

the girl sighed 

"When the mirror cracks completely, you throw it away because there its no more use, just like that it won't be able to contain me anymore, therefore I go with it"

Mark felt a mountain of emotions fall on him, he hated it he didn't hesitate and ran out of the house, he ignored Launa who yelled his name, he couldn't think straight, but one thing for sure, he had to talk to him and that is where he is going.

NOTE: wasssaaapppp ok I am back after a long (unofficial) hiatus and I am so sorry I didn't inform you guys, and I really hope everyone is fine, please stay indoors as much as possible and stay clean and hydrated.