Chapter two

This picture is Shasa. ( Lyra's, uncle's Demon. )

Hope you like it. Vote and comment.

Almi.

Xxx

The next day me and Pam was playing around. We both still wonder about what my uncle wants with the dust. We hope it is not the reason we think it was. Besides he told me I should stay out of it. Even if I ask what is dust he got angry and ask what I know about dust and I just say nothing. Good. Is all he can say. He left about a week ago. He told me to behave and I did. It is what he think. Prof Gordon invite me to go and get dinner with him and the other in the place.

We were all sitting at a huge table. We not all of us the important people sit their. The rest sit at other table's. Me and Pam sat their 'listing' to their talks. I moved my food around in my plate with the fork.

"Lyra, for heavens sake just eat your food. It is good. " I heard prof Gordon say.

"Yes prof." Is all I said.

Pam was order the table and took up at me with his paws on my legs. "What is wrong Lyra? " he ask me.

"Just wondering."

"About the dust? " he said that softer so no one would hear it.

"Yeah."

I heard the door open. I turned around and see a woman walking it with her Demon. It is a ape I think. She had blond hair that's in a bun and had a golden dress on.

She walk up to us. She said hi to everyone and turn to me. "Hi Lyra." She said.

"Do I know you? " I ask.

"Lyra, don't be rude. " prof . Gordon says.

"it's Oky.  My name is Ms. Penalopy. "

"You mean.... .The lady Penalopy? " I ask my voice a little shaken.

"in a flash dear."

She turn away quick to look if no one was looking. "I would like if you want to come with me to the Pole?" She ask.

"The Pole? I heard it is very cold their" Pam said and turn white all over his Fur.

"Yes it is." Miss Penalopy said with a laugh. "But we should ask prof if it is alright. "

"Of course. " I said 

"Prof . Gordon I was wondering if I could take Lyra to the Pole with me?" She ask. Prof Gordon freeze for a moment. He look at her and then at me "If Lyra want to." He said.

I nod my head. "Alright! Lyra you can go pack your suitcases." He said. I push my chair back and walk our of the room with Pam right at my heels.

I was busy in my room packing when Pam speak. "Lyra, do you trust her?"

"I have to. She can take us to the Pole. We can find out what dust is. And maybe I can find my uncle." I said.

"Ok. If you trust her then I trust you." He said.

I just nod my head. After I pack I went to go sleep. I climb in the bed and Pam climb next to me. We said good night to each other and went into a deep sleep.

XXX

The next morning i wake up from the sun that shine so bright on my face.

"Pam get up. We need to leave. Ms. Penalopy is waiting. " I said and look over my shoulder. Pam was up before me.

"I was already up. Before you can say that." He said.

"I can see that Pam. " I said and got up. I got dress and brush my teeth. After I finish I look in the mirror. I had a Jean on with a blue tank top. My hair was wavy.

Their was a nock on the door. "Come in" I said and turn around to see who it is. "Prof. Gordon. What a surprise." I said.

"Lyra, I don't have much time. I want to give you something." He said and hand me a box. "I think it would come in handy. Don't tell Ms. Penalopy I gave it to you. She MUST NOT KNOW I GAVE IT TO YOU." He said loud but not that loud. Only me and Pam could hear it.

"What do you me-"

"You will find out soon." He said cutting me off. He open the door but said something before he left "Be careful Lyra." And by that he was gone.

I sat down on my bed. Pam jump up and was looking between the box and me.

"I wonder what is inside?" He said.

"We won't know if we don't see." I said and open it. I took it out and got all the paper off it. As I removed it I saw a golden compass. Wait what a compass???

"A compass?" I ask.

"Open it." Pam said. Almost excited.

I open it. It look like a normal compass but only it was golden....

"Lyra, we are leaving." I heard Miss . Penalopy said.

"Coming. " I said.

I turn to Pam "we would look more when we arrived to the Pole."

Me and Pam ran down stairs to find miss. Penalopy waiting for us with her Demon.

"Hi Lyra. What took you so long?" She ask.

"Oh.. Um. .. Prof.  Gordon came to talk to me."

"Oh and what did he say?"

"Um nothing much. Just to be safe."

"Oh." She said. "Well we should move. We must not be late. What a cute pouch." She said.

"Oh thanks." I said. If only she knew what was in it. But i promise prof. Gordon I would not talk about the compass to her.