Chapter 7 - "Gusu Part 5"

The Blue Jade of Gusu was a man who barely spoke. Only out of necessity would he say a word or more.

Rarely could others read HanGuang Jun's thoughts, but more difficult was his intentions. At most a few astute individuals could communicate on his behalf.

A half dozen so far.

A generous number, especially, most dreaded close proximity with the chilled Jade, as his gaze was no different than the sharpness of Bichen's blade. The ultimate goal of those without fear of death was to read HanGuang Jun's thoughts. The chance to achieve high cultivation depended on their ability to act on the behalf of the stoic man. Especially when their Master, also known as the Chief Cultivator, still had not uttered a single word since the arrival of Sect Leader of Yunmeng Jiang Sect, Master Jiang Cheng.

Between HanGuang Jun and the Jiang Sect Leader, the silent battle didn't last long, especially considering the latter's temperament.

"Where is he?" Jiang Cheng demanded irritably, disregarding all niceties. A habitual behavior between the two leaders. Since Jin Ling, the Juvenile head of Lanling Jin Sect was standing behind his uncle, the 'he' was obvious.

Other than Jin Gongzi, his beloved nephew, no one could have Jiang Sect Leader's full attention. The man's obsession to rid himself of Yiling Laozu's existence, despite killing him once, was fading. Had he changed his mind since the battle at GuiYang temple?

The Disciples' postures instinctively reacted on their own, ready to battle if the first strike was dealt. Luckily Lan Jingji was not present, because Lan SiZhui had tactically kept him away, with a bit of physical force to persuade him to stay by Senior Wei's side during this precarious meeting. Lan Jingyi's uncontrolled outbursts may have its uses at times, but not today.

Meanwhile, the remaining well-trained disciples kept their emotions at bay, focused their attention on what the imposing Sect Leader might say. However, a few did steal a glance at Lan Wangji, whose eyes may appear to focus on his opponent, yet, at the same time did not appear to look at the Sect Leader at all.

Unsurprising to the Disciples of Gusu, HanGuang Jun did not answer nor did he react. If not for their presence, Jiang Cheng might as well be an invisible being before their Master's sight.

Lan SiZhui, the most level headed Disciple among them, steeled himself as he took a tentative step forward and, answered on HanGuang Jun's behalf, "Sect Leader Jiang Cheng, at the moment, Senior Wei is still recuperating at the Silent Hall."

Jiang Cheng's jaw tightened, yet his dark aura had always been his best feature. The shadows of past and present, followed this man wherever he went. The Master of Lotus Pier refused to bow down to others. He may not be the most powerful cultivator, but his temperament was on par with his late mother. Madame Yu, according to Jin Ling, who only heard through rumors among his elder, given he never had the chance to meet his late grandmother to be a reliable source.

"Bring Wei Wuxian out," Jiang Cheng ordered, but the Disciples were not sure if the instruction was at HanGuang Jun, or themselves. Their Master, after all, is the Chief Cultivator.

What does he want with Yiling Laozu to travel this far? Wondered the bunnies of Gusu.

Lan SiZhui did not need to look at HanGuang Jun to deduce his displeasure of the Sect Leader's demand. From his recollection, the two men had never been on friendly terms. Their rivalry, if one called it that, including the current tension at present, involves the missing man of the hour. Their only connection, and their mutual obsession, which neither to this day could let go of.

Of course, Sect Leader's instruction was followed by silence, invoking the wrath of the Fiery Purple Lotus from across the room. Zidian, Jiang Sect's family heirloom from his finger, sparkled brightly but did not transform. Kept under control, at least for the time being.