I. DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL

It was a emotional silence in the air on the way to my bestfriend house. Questions that ran through my head were vanished into the atomsphere. While glancing out the window, the notions of interrigation exploded from my mind to my facial expression. Deeper than a knife trying to cut unbearable tension between my father and the fustration of him leaving taunted my mind. I slowly pivited my neck towards him not even realizing the damaged waters running down my face; "Why do you always have to go? When are you coming back? Why won't you just let her die man?" The recast of questions upon my face studied his every move.

"Baby, you know I don't want to leave. I love you and your sister to death nothing will ever seperate us. I just promised your grandfather before he died that I would take care of your grandmother. But-", he paused uncommonly taking off his glasses putting the ignition into park and turning off the car. "You have to realize no matter what anyone says they cannot tell me I don't love my children!" He said trying to exhibit his sincerity through his graved eyes.

I knew he was being honest and telling truth. That's what I hated the most about him. He was too honest. I didn't want him to leave of course. Being that I'm only fifteen, I see more than what everybody divulges. Secrets unshelter itself in spiritless lights. His secret was, he didnt want to go back. He craved the desire of going back to the ten year old child he once was and telling his father that he couldn't make that promise.

Although I had nothing to say, my tears did. They fell like motionless seconds of a falling star then BOOM! There it goes. My lips curled upwards, my stomach pumped with no control as I inhaled the tangled atmosphere of regrets and emotions.
"Daddyy," I bursted out as my voice skinned louder, "I don't want you to leave." Cupping my face into my rough palms I broke down and cried even more. He helped me get out some packed clothes from the car. As we walked to my bestfriend door in silence, my heart emphasized the memories that replays when he's not around. Knocking on the door my father hugged me tightly. Opening the door I rushed inside the house as I heard him say "Take care of her." It hit me more when the door closed. I closed my eyes and squeezed them tightly. I went upstairs to my best friend room and cried some more.

"Aw don't cry Na you'll see him again." She said comforting me with distance. I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Alright I'm good!" I say unsurley walking back downstairs with her. When we get in the kitchen we sit at the table on our phone seeing whats some juicy topics on Instsgram.

"Tanae! Na Na!" Her mother called walking into house. "Yes?" We called back. She walked into the kitchen grabbing ice cream and going straight into the cabinets for a bowl and spoon.

"What you's up to?" She asked softly. Placing the ice cream on the table she seen the redness in my eyes when she looked up before I was about to answer. "Are you okay?" She asked concerned. "Yes!" I answered quickly looking down on my phone again. Mel had just walked in. "Hey Riah Riah!" He said walking over to me patting me on my back.

It was a nickname given to me. I'm the honorary daughter around their home. Mi casa Su casa. Get it?

Tanae shook her head at her mother given her the "not the right time to ask" look. Her mother understood. She thought changing the subject would help. "Did your dad leave already?" She asked quickly. Tanae head fell into her hands. "What? Did I say something wrong?" Her mother asked with confusion spreading across her body language and face expressions. "No not at all mommy. He leaves in the morning actually." I said proudly. I was actually proud of myself. I'm holding up a little better than usual.
"Baby?" I saw in my kik notifications. Before I could click into it her mother tortured me more. "Oh okay. Do you know when he's coming back?" There was harsh silence once again. Breaking down once more she came over and hugged me. Apologizing softly Tanae screamed out "Okay you guys have to make her laugh!"