Chapter 3

"Brother I...I want to bring someone back to the Cloud Recesses. Bring him back and...hide him away" Lan Wangji said slowly with his head slightly lowered. His face, as usual was devoid of emotions.

To say Lan Xichen was shocked is an understatement. He was shocked to the extent that he could feel his soul slowly peel away from his mortal body. He stared at his brother as if he suddenly grew a pair of rabbit ears which was actually quite funny for him, imagining his younger brother with those flimsy,cute and fluffy ears. He wanted to laugh but seeing the current situation, it was better not to.

"Wangji...are you serious?" he asked after regaining his composure. Lan Wangji only stared at his brother and all Xichen could do was sigh.

"What about Young Master Wei?" he asked and Lan Wangji's eyes brightened a little which was immediately noticed by Xichen as he is the only person to actually understand his brother's moods, thoughts and emotions even without them being shown in Wangji's face or him voicing them out. Xichen stared at Wangji in confusion, wondering why his brother looked so...elated

"Why do you look so happy? Have you perhaps...found him already?" he asked, silently hoping that his brother's happiness is finally found.

Wangji didn't reply and this made Lan Xichen confused

"Nevermind. Who is it though? Why is he so important to you? Where did he came from? What does he look like? Why do you want to hide him here?" the older Jade bombarded his younger brother with questions which were subtly ignored. Wangji turned his back against his brother and left him with his mouth opened in disbelief.'That little boy...did he really just left me here without answering my questions?' Xichen whined in his thoughts. He didn't follow his brother and only gazed at his retreating form, although he wanted to squeeze answers from him to feed his own curiosity, he chose to restrain himself because if he didn't then he isn't Lan Xichen. Besides, everybody knows that Zewu-jun isn't the forceful type of person, he is gentle and kind so he let the matter go...for now

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

After three days of mourning, Madam Mo's body was buried in Mo family's ancestral shrines where their ancestors were also buried. The whole Mo family was bawling tears and it was specially painful to watch. Letting go is undoubtedly hard, especially when the person you have to let go is too close to your heart. You will eventually realize that there is no other way of ever meeting with the person ever again as death has separated you both.

Second Lady Mo immediately became the head of the Mo household as Ziyuan was still too young to govern the house. It was made clear however that Xuanyu had no interest in claiming the spot of being the House Head and that it was rightful that Ziyuan will take the position once he comes of age.

Everyone was in a turmoil after the death of Madam Mo and the truth about Xuanyu being a cultivator was revealed. Xuanyu was relieved though that a weight was lifted off his shoulders and he no longer needs to burden himself with hiding his abilities. It has been a few weeks since the disciples and members of Lan Clan left Mo Manor which also meant that it had been a few weeks since Mo Xuanyu had last seen Lan Wangji. He couldn't deny that the older man had stolen his attention and the urge to see the man was growing stronger day by day. He doesn't understand why but it was definetly something he had never felt before and it certainly baffles him to the core.

Mo Xuanyu was once again training in the Wen siblings' household. He told the Wens that he had spilled the truth about him practicing cultivation 'accidentally' and somehow also informed the Lans of his connection with them which earned him a hit in the head by Wen Qing. He only pouted and said sorry afterwards.