Chapter 16

"G-grandson? Uncle...what are you talking about?" Wuxian asked his face contorting to one of surprise, shock then confusion.

"I mean what I said A-Ying. Cangse is Baoshan's daughter" the Jiang Clan Leader confirmed. Wei Wuxian's mouth hung open, and though it wasn't obvious, the Second Jade was also as surprised as his soulmate.

"Then...my grandmother is...an immortal...and holy shit" Wuxian cursed which earned a sharp glare from Wangji and a light chuckle from the Jiang couple. Wuxian pranced around, his hands attached to his head as he squeezed them. He was in the middle of his shock crisis when Jiang Yanli entered the room.

"A-Die, A-Niang" She greeted her parents with a small bow then turned at Wei Ying who was still walking in circles, not quite grasping the fact that there was a new addition in the room. Yanli giggled softly and reached her hand out to grasp Wei Ying's shoulders which was effective in stopping him from going in circles.

Wei Wuxian's head spun as soon as he stopped. His vision filled with black spots which soon faded away at the sight of a girl in pink and purple robes. "Shijie!" Wei Ying gasped and immediately buried himself in his beloved Shijie's embrace. Yanli looked at her parents in question.

"We told him the truth" Fengmian said which got a small nod from his daughter. Yanli rubbed Wei Ying's back as she voiced out a suggestion. "How about we all eat dinner first? Second Young Master Lan and A-Xian must still be tired from their travels and I cooked Lotus Rib Soup too. You can continue your conversation later A-Die, A-Xian doesn't seem to be in the right mind to understand anything at the moment" she sighed. Fengmian turned to look at Madam Yu who also turned towards her husband. Madam Yu nodded at him, quite fond of her daughter's suggestion as they knew that the information they gave out was not very easy to swallow, especially for a young child like Wei Ying.

"Then let's go" Fengmian said. The five people ate their dinner heartily, the only one who was silent was Lan Wangji, as he was raised to not speak a word on the dining table while eating elegantly like the cultured prince he is. Wei Ying enjoyed talking to people who he hasn't met in more than a decade, he was more than happy to fill in information about his life before Lan Wangji took him to Cloud Recesses.

The Jiang family was quite satisfied with the way Wei Ying was raised and promised to send a bounty of gifts to Mo Manor the next day as a thanks for raising Wei Wuxian well despite Wei Wuxian protesting. As typical as he was, Wei Ying actually did forget to mention in his last letter to his adoptive mother about his standing in the cultivation world as Hanguang-jun's dearest fiancé and the son of a powerful rouge cultivator and right-hand of the leader of one of the Main Clans.

Add the fact that now he was actually the grandson of an immortal whose name is spread far and wide. He was planning to send his letter this week but had no chance to do so. Realizing this, Wei Wuxian intended to write a letter tonight and ask Jiang Fengmian to let his adoptive mother read his letter frist before sending in their gifts. He could already imagine his adoptive mother hyperventilating at the fact that she actually raised such an important figure in the cultivation world and at the amount of overwhelming gifts she would receive from the Jiang Clan.

Once all of them were finished eating, Yanli stood and cleared out the table as she left to help the servants despite them insisting not to do so. Madam Yu didn't wait another second and fired her next question, assuming that Wei Wuxian was over the shock he received.

"So what are you planning to do now? Wait why are you even travelling when you're supposed to be in class with our A-Cheng?" asked the fierce lady. Wei Wuxian immediately took out a pouch and handed it to her. Madam Yu took the pouch and examined it, after a while her eyes searched for Wei Wuxian's.